Graphic problems please help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been having problem with my graphics when playing games, having said that only one game Overlord out of the lot of after 10 games including Bioshock, Lost Planet and NFSC, is not affected.

My pc spec are
Magic-pro MP-A2AM-HD
AMD Athlon 64x2 4800+
colorful Geforce 7600GT
2x1GB A-Data Ram
Windows XP home sp2

What happens is that when the game lots up the graphics loads up but is covered by blocks, as though the graphic hasnt loaded up, print screen shows that the graphics is prefect, but on screen the graphics doesnt show as it should be instead covered by these blocks.

If anyone knows what is going on, please help, this all happened after an overnight defrag session and i dont understand the where the problem is coming from and i have tried reinstall drivers, games, directx and reg cleaner and repairs, any virus and spyware also clean and i have ran out of thing that i know could help

thanks

Hello and Welcome to techspot.
we hope you enjoy your stay here with us.

May i ask mate , how did you obtain this video game?.

my psu is a comtech electronics model: SH-480P... 480Watts

i have done the directx test already

the games: Bioshock, NFSC and Overlord i broght and the other games i am borrowing from friends to test the machine.

Update your graphics card drivers and all your mobo drivers and see if that helps.

Check the temperatures of your CPU and video card using SIW, Everest Home Edition or a similar program. You can find them with Google.

but how do you know if the temps are safe? in other words, what should the temps and such be when you run the test? i have a similar problem, and i checked my temps and voltage with everest and the cpu was fine, but i dont know what the vid card should be.....note: now my comp is actually completely messed now, upon startup the picture is always horribly distorted colors

Sounds like your graphics card is about to die and needs to be replaced then.

tru thanks, ya i was dreading that - what sucks is that this already has happened be4, same card (asus geforce 6800GT) and i have RMA'd it and this is actually the "fixed" one....sigh...oh well - one quick question though, is there something in my computer that could be "killing" my vid cards? in that case it wouldnt be Asus's fault, but for now im just assuming that

Wesablo said:
tru thanks, ya i was dreading that - what sucks is that this already has happened be4, same card (asus geforce 6800GT) and i have RMA'd it and this is actually the "fixed" one....sigh...oh well - one quick question though, is there something in my computer that could be "killing" my vid cards? in that case it wouldnt be Asus's fault, but for now im just assuming that

Heat is the first thing that comes to mind

i would say not very well, heh - ive got the 2 main fans and thats it, one in front and one in back....i usually keep the side panel totally off also because its a tight fit...i haven't tried putting a fan up to it

i feel like my PSU might be bad too, but its a 500W and when i ran everest all the voltage seemed at a good mark though

thanks a lot for the help

The rail voltages should all be within 10% of their maximum voltage i.e. they should be at either 90% or 110% of their maximum specified voltage. For example, the +12V rail should be at a maximum of 12.2V and a minimum of 11.8V. Also, the voltage shouldn't vary too much. A highly fluctuating voltage and\or a very high\low voltage reading indicates an overloaded PSU that may die very soon.

Again, I recommend using Everest Home, SIW or your mobo BIOS's hardware monitoring utility to check your case ambient, CPU and GPU temps.

yaa i checked the cpu voltages with everest, but i didn't know what to compare the video card temps to...either way i feel that something, whether it be overall temp or whatever, might be consistently killing my vid cards - unless the asus geforce 6800GT is a defective card or something like that

Your card's idle temperature should be around 55C and under load (i.e. when running a game), it should be about 65-70C.

I have checked on the temp of the graphic card (7600 GT) when playing a game and it seem that the problem begin at when the card hit about 52 degrees C is my card faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back