Graphical Corrouptions in GeForce 2 MX 400

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a old geforce2 mx 400 128 vga card. And I was using it for about an year.But recently (2 weeks) it started go crazy, The same image was duplicted all over the moniter and ther are lines all over the screen. I dont think this has to do somethng with the windows because this is happening at bios also.
And my monitor is also fine.

Some help about my problem is appreciated.

Thank you.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It sounds like you graphics card has gone bad. Can you try another card, and see what happens?

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Yes, unfortunatedly, it seems as if your card is overheating. See if it has a fan, and it it does, that it's clean and working properly.

About the fan and the vga card

The display was fine when I connected it in to the on-board display (s3 prosavageDDR). I was unable to find another vga card for the agp slot.

About the heating, there was no fan but there was a heatsink.It was fixed tightly to the processor. And I think it works fine,

?

Hey and welcome!

It may not need to be that your graphics card has gone south, it could just be overheating because of the dust caught up in its fan/cooler - try cleaning it, however, if it's doing that from the moment you switch on your PC, it's probably toast, and you'll be needing a new card :(

Wish I could bring better news, sorry :(

Well...
Guess I have to buy a new card, Thanks for your help.

One more tip, If i was going to buy a vga, what type of a card would you guys recommend me?

Well, I dont know how much money you have on your hands, but either an
ATi X800XL - around 230$
or an
nVidia 6800GT - around 265$

6800GT is faster and more future proof with PS 3.0, but it all comes down to your budget.

I'm not that "hardcore extreme gamer" person.And also I am looking for something below $200.
But I often use 3D modelling applications and I sometimes play games.

Well, these cards are not for extreme gamers, it's a 500$-600$ dollar 7800GTX 512 or x1800XT for them :), I offered you some upper-midrange cards, but there's a great card for under 200$:
ATi X800GT - around 170$

It's the best card you can buy for AGP under 200$...
And it's not bad either :)

Glad you agree :) (though I hope you agree cause it's really the best choice for AGP under 200$, and not because you have an X800XT)
I'm also glad to from what I've seen up till now, Techspot is a very good community concerning the graphics card department - haven't seen any fanboyism for now, and I hope I won't...

I just hate it when people dont look straight and objectively at the GPU specs, they just start flaming everyone recommending nVidia when they own an ATi card and vice versa - I can't understand that *****ism :(

I always try to provide both an ATi and an nVidia variant, just to provide some variation, cause they both make great cards, depending on your budget and needs.

It's really refreshing to see a community in which I dont have to fear some jerk will enter the thread, see me recommending x800GT as the best AGP card under 200$ and then start spamming bull**** like 'OMG you are t3h n00b, 6600GT tottaly owns that ATi crap' and such stupid comments, it's really a flamezone on some of the other forums :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back