Graphics Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keigi

BFG NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GT/GTO

Been having issues with Graphics Artifacts in games, and windows. Been fine, but once I installed BF 2142 had tons of issues, crashing. After updating the driver no more crashing, but still having the graphics issues, stuff being drawn off the edge of the screen, and more graphics artifacts showing up. Really didn't have any issues till after I put BF 2142 on my system, everything that worked fine before is now messed up.

I've installed new drivers, ran mem test, temp watch on card, and made sure the card was in good.

Trying to figure out what to do next;

I'm thinking BF 2142 mucked up something so maybe a reformat.
Putting in one of those PCI fans.
Getting a new card.

Thanks for your help.

there are several issues that may be involved here. is your card Overclocked? Also, 2142 is still a new game out there so maybe they havent fixed all the bugs yet on your specific card as well as other cards.

Card isn't overclocked.
Have issues with older games as well.

Issues with CoH NWN2 BF 2142.

That's a pretty power hungry gpu. What do you have for a power supply (brand, watts, amps on 12+V line(s))?

Do you only get these anomolies when playing games, or do you have them from booting up? Are they there all the time after booting up your pc, or only after a while (few minutes or so). If you have them from startup, it's a safe bet the video card is bad. If you only get them after a few minutes from startup, the card is going bad. Sometimes, when you purchase a new card, the fan could be defective. Also, BFG's seem to run a bit hotter than other cards. I purchased a BFG 6600 GS OC last year and had the heat problem. Returned the card for another one of the same model, but had the same problem. I wasn't getting the anomolies ( horizontal off-colored lines/washed out colors), but the card ran so hot that one of my sound cables for my DVD was just barely touching the corner of the card and it melted. I returned that one and purchased another brandname card.

sghiznaneck said:
Do you only get these anomolies when playing games, or do you have them from booting up? Are they there all the time after booting up your pc, or only after a while (few minutes or so). If you have them from startup, it's a safe bet the video card is bad. If you only get them after a few minutes from startup, the card is going bad. Sometimes, when you purchase a new card, the fan could be defective. Also, BFG's seem to run a bit hotter than other cards. I purchased a BFG 6600 GS OC last year and had the heat problem. Returned the card for another one of the same model, but had the same problem. I wasn't getting the anomolies ( horizontal off-colored lines/washed out colors), but the card ran so hot that one of my sound cables for my DVD was just barely touching the corner of the card and it melted. I returned that one and purchased another brandname card.

I get them while playing games, about the only thing that I get outside of that is a few pixels that aren't working right, not due to the monitor however. But if you go off of just the pixels it happens right from windows on, maybe one or two pixels that aren't working right. I've noticed the core temp on the GPU sat around 60C so I got that speed fan program and now it sits around 50C I was thinking about getting one of those PCI fans if heat was the only issue, but I really don't know in this case :(

But the majority of issues is when I'm gaming, really bad rendering. In BF 2142 the game is almost impossible to play due to the planes that are render, making line of sight a huge issue.

Keigi said:
Just got one of those PCI Fans, going to see if this fixes the issues :)

Keeps the GPU around 45C when not running anything and around 50-60C when running a game, much lower than what it was at before, but still seems to have issues when running the game.

It seems to have less artifacts, but they are still present, going to try reformatting in a few weeks when the term is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back