Graphics card for the Inspiron 530s

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sadgirl

Hello,

I'm terrified I've made a big mistake by buying an Inspiron 530s, that's the slim case version of the 530. I hadn't seen a photo and stupidly didn't think through how it being 'slim' would effect the compatability. My wireless card doesn't fit because it's too wide!! Oh god.

So how do I know which graphics card to buy that'll actually FIT the damn thing??

I've read the sticky on what info you all need to help numpties like me out with, and I'm afraid I don't have all of it because the comp in question is just out of the box and doesn't even have XP installed on it yet. Currently on my old Pentium 4 still.

It's an Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 2.66GHz / 3072mb / 2 x 320gb HDs
Power output +12v 17A / input 120v 8A.
I'm afraid I can't see/tell what make of motherboard it is but I'm pretty sure they're PCI slots.
Budget- cheap as possible!
Current graphics is Intel Onboard
Usage is not to game, I don't play any games whatsoever on it. It's to run Adobe CS3 programs simultaneously without lag, multiple windows in Photoshop, render out of After Effects and potentially animate in Maya and render out of that at good working speed. (all whilst still listening to iTunes or Real Player streaming)
So I don't need one that will make me cry, just one powerful enough for me to do whatever I like with those programs and not notice how hard my PC is working.

Oh and I'm in the UK.

Thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back