Graphics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

eclipse245

Okay guys. I NEED HELP!!!

I just started playing Armed Assault 2.

I have an AMD X2 6400+ 3.2GHz~

I also own an 8800GT. I know that ArmA2 is more GPU intensive than CPU.

So if I upgrade from my 8800GT to a GTX260 core 213 896MB...Will I see an FPS increase. A significant increase?

Because other people are telling me that my system would be unbalanced. I don't see how, since the CPU isn't that bad at all.

Please help guys!

Regards,

eclipse245

"Because other people are telling me that my system would be unbalanced...

The only way to know for sure is to go ahead and upgrade from the 8800GT to a GTX260, and see what happens

Hi eclipse,
I think what they are referring to is your system becoming 'cpu bound'. a graphic card is the most important upgrade you can do to improve your gaming experience,(with the exception of a few games like flight simulator that are notoriously cpu intensive. even monster i7/gtx 295 rigs get cpu bound at some point, you can see an example of that here http://www.firingsquad.com/hardware/evga_geforce_gtx_295_performance/page4.asp however it happens when the frame rates they are pulling are superfluous to a fliud frame rate . the difference between 120 and 150 fps doesn't make a difference in the a games playability. the x2 6400 will hold down quit a lot of gpu, so unless a tweaked out 3dmark vantage score is the only important thing to you, the GTX 260 will have a significant improvement in fps imo.

i am not familiar with that game specifically but you should see an overall performance (fps) increase. the 260 is much more powerful than the 8800gt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back