Graphics card help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

2ndasscheek

Well i just bought a 2nd 6800 the first was fualty. This one is an evga. Heres my problem when i install the drivers the screen goes crazy stuff is missing like buttons and it goes black then comes back in. Sometimes theres artifacts and other weird things. Heres whats strange though i can load up a game and it will work perfectly for awhile, then it will crash. I can change all the settings and everything so i dont think the card is faulty. Any help would be appreciated. My specs are:

AMD Athlon xp 2800+@2.13ghz
Fic AM37 mobo
512mb corsair ram
phenoix award bios V6.00
450 watt psu

Those are all normal things when you install the driver. Did you set the resolution to 1024x768 on the Nvidia Utility (right click on desktop and select Nvidia Display and select resolution). Games are probably OK because default is to let the application control settings.

Whenever I install a new Nvidia driver I run driver cleaner Pro (google it, free utility) to clean out theold gunk that is left over. Run remaove application and remove the Nview Driver, Then run Nvidia in Driver cleaner Pro. After that is complete, reinstall the Nview Driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back