Graphics Card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gibbzy

Hey all im looking to upgrade my current graphics card (GeForce 6200Le) so that i can play BF2/COD2 etc without FPS lag. I saw a GeForce 6600 for £50 yesterday and was considering that but is it a good choice? if not is there anything else you would recommend between £50-£150? My mate says his 6600 run BF2 fine so should i go for it?

If you want it just for that purpose I would go for it, go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and check what you need for that game to improve on. then go to their suggestions page for some good ideas. £50 seems like an ok price, have you checked american shops and ebay for prices also?

personally I buy when a new technology comes out - Im seeing 1gb cards out now which are interesting, (havent had a chance to check on their performance yet but sounds good to me.) Either way (in my opinion) upgrading from my 128mb radeon 9550 to a 256mb card would seem like a waste of money, so Im gonna wait it out and go for a good 1gb card. thats my approach though.

hope that kinda helps :S

yeh im basically looking to upgrade just so i can play some games. my geforce 6200Le has very poor performance, lots of fps lag on normal counterstrike - and lets face it cs doesnt need that much to play - so was looking at a relativly good card to upgrade to just not pay to much as i dont play as often anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back