Graphics Card INstallation Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deadcell

Hey guys i was wondering why, when i ran a DirectX 9.0c diagnostics report and saved the file, while looking through it, my nVidia GeForce FX 5200 does not show up. I asked Customer Support at Activision (I was trying to install Call of Duty 2) and they said they didin't know why but maybe it was not installed correctly. It run's fine on games using DirectX 9.0b. I bought the card about a year ago, when the computer still had DX 8. I've attatched my Dxdiag.txt file if anyone can see a problem in it. Everytime i run the game i get a "DirectX has encountered an unrecoverable error" message. How can i reinstall my graphics card? Also, when i tried to install a more recent driver (a windows XP 200 driver from nVidia.com) for my card, an error came up saying that no compatible drivers for my card were found?? When i asked earlier, people said it was showed on my computer as something like "Intel 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset FAmily. Anyone know what's going on? I'm really tired of posting and not getting meaningful answers. Thanks to all who reply!

Operating System
Microsoft Windows Xp Professional 2000
Memory
1Gb DDR
CPU
Pentium 4 Proccessor 530
CPU Speed
3 Ghtz
Graphics Card
nVidia GeForce FX 5200 Graphics Card

Dell Demension E310
16x DVD-ROM Drive