graphics card issue

By panthuur2
Mar 4, 2005
  1. hey im a newb,,,

my graphics card is a radeon 9200 i upgraded a while back for better gameing for ever(crack)quest and when i loaded the driver from the disk it woulndt let me play and i had to delete it and now am useing my old driver for the radeon 7000 and i get ati message everytime i log on that says i need to upgrade it and delte the old one i think thats what it means. so anyway sometime my comp will just turn off in the middle of gameing and i have to reboot or the monitor will turn off and and the computer will restart. and i am notice on when windows starts up it haves a loading bar now it never did before and in the middle of restart the monitor will shut off for a second and have the power saveing message and then comeback on..

back to the graphics card i read that the reason the driver for the 9200 isnt compatable with everquest is that it might be my mother board is to old,
    if thats the case whats a good board to look in to ???
  2. panthuur2

panthuur2 TS Rookie Topic Starter

if u go here

and put in emachine as manufacturer and a26ev17f and the comp thats my specs lol except a logic tech laser mouse the readon 9200 and 256 mor memort =)
  3. gasstronamicle

gasstronamicle TS Rookie Posts: 44

what happens when you try to uninstall teh odl drivers and update to new drivers?
  4. wiscountryboy

wiscountryboy TS Rookie Posts: 60

the old drivers are deleted and the new drivers are installed to your hard drive...this allows the computer to more efficently use your graphics card adn it also should get rid of the message stating that you need to update your card drivers
  5. panthuur2

when i take the old driver out and use the 1 on disk it dosent let me play games if i take the old one out and download a new driver it still has the message
  6. Method

Method TS Rookie Posts: 20

try install new drivers, then install everquest again
  7. wiscountryboy

wiscountryboy TS Rookie Posts: 60

i had the same prob...what you could do is install the drivers from the cd and then reinstall the game
  8. panthuur2

this did not work after doing it and getting the game where i could try to play it ... it sayed no 3d device found i guess i wil restore from yesterday
  9. cmy6800

cmy6800 TS Rookie Posts: 20

Okay... one, use the correct (and most up to date) driver for the 9200. Get it from ATI. Don't use the 7000 drivers. You don't have a 7000... you have a 9200. Two... Make sure there isn't a patch for everquest. If so, install it. Also, did you disable your integrated graphics? You'll want to do that. Go into the BIOS and disable it. Hope this helps you.
  10. Rockfan1815

Rockfan1815 TS Rookie Posts: 51

You can also disable it in device manager, display adapters, drivers
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.