Graphics card / Motherboard Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i have recently been upgrading my computer, as this is my first time doing so, im not buying complete top of the range stuff yet. I have ran into a little problem whilst installing the graphics card.

My motherboard is and ECS K8M890M-M and the graphics card im trying to put in it is an Asus 8800GT 512MB GDDR3 now when i put it in and plug it all in, the fan on the graphics card works but the motherboard cant seem to detect the card. As this is my first time trying to build a computer i am completely lost as where to go now.

Could someone let me know if they can find out wether they are even compatible, i thought they where but i have very little knowledge about this stuff.

Prolly need to plug a power jumper into the back of vid card. If you don't have a power supply with the correct connection you may need to get a molex to 6 pin jumper. Newegg.com has them for like 3 bucks.

Hi and welcome

Details about the rest of the PC ??? (PSU, CPU, DDR etc)
As "mopap" suggests is the Graphics card connected properly...

From what graphics card are you upgrading from...
This mobo has an itegrated graphics card... if you were using the on-board graphics, check the BIOS, you might need to select your "primary VGA card" !!!

cheers

I was upgrading from a radeon 1550x (something like that) when i put the new one in it was connected correctly to the PSU aswell with a 6 pin connector.

I have found somewhere else that it cud be my motherboards VIA chipset that isnt correct with the GFX cards..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back