Graphics card packages

Status
Not open for further replies.

codeseven

When I go to purchase a graphics card should I be that concerned about all the extras(package)it comes with? Do most people even utilize all those features they paid extra for? I'm considering a cheaper basic PNY G4 tI 4600 card with little or no extras just for gaming.For those of you that have purhased a card with extra features would a basic card been just fine or are there certain things I should definitely have in my new cards package? Thanks

What i will say is if you are old enough to have a Credit card u should look 2 buy online such as amazon. If u buy a OEM card it might not come with Drivers / games but will be cheaper and be exacty the same card minus the fancy packaging. I bought a Geforce3 from Dell for 150 quid when it came out. Then u Download drivers and your all set. But only use know companys.

I would reccomend a VisionTek...but uhh... We all know what's going on with them.

The great thing about video cards with bundled games is that you get like 6-7 games for like el-cheapo, you know? But I mean if you don't want that stuff just go OEM, it'll be alot cheaper. Plus you can, as Tweakster mentioned, download all your necessary drivers/DirectX/OpenGL stuff from the manufacturer's website. Or NVIDIA's.

Usually the Deluxe or Pro versions of cards come with features like DVI out, TV out, dual monitor support, 3d glasses support and bundled games. If none of these features will be any use to you then just save yourself some money and get the basic model.
Thats why I bought an Asus v8200 Geforce3 Pure and not the Deluxe version. Something else to consider is that sometimes the dearer cards have faster video memory or tested higher memory and core speeds which would give slightly higher performance than another card of the same Nvidia/ATI model number.

Thanks for your help guys.I planned on purchasing a card without all the bells and whistles,but I wanted to make sure I was'nt gonna regret it later on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back