Graphics card power failure

logitech

So i installed this 4350 in a machine that has been running it quite nicely for the past couple of weeks. Today i get a message saying the machine had shut down and was not powering on, [As in, its cold, dead, no power].

So i went and took a look at it, realized the power supply was fine. So i removed the graphic card seeing that it was the most recently installed hardware, and bingo, there was power. So i replaced the graphics card and just like that no power.

What is the cause of this?
Is it that the graphics card is suddenly shorting the motherboard?

PSU is 600W
Mobo: Asrock Wolfdale 1333-D667

Your PSU should more than handle a HD4350 GPU.

I would suggest you fit the GPU to another computer to compare how it handles that. If it does the same thing, I would assume the GPU is faulty. That said, its more likely not to work than do something like your experiencing.

FYI, I ran a HD4670 with a PSU half your wattage, so yours shouldn't be an issue.

thats exactly what is bizarre about the whole situation.
because if the gpu isnt working, the machine should still power on.

I am goin to try it in another machine and see. I'll let you know the verdict.

Your PSU should more than handle a HD4350 GPU.

I would suggest you fit the GPU to another computer to compare how it handles that. If it does the same thing, I would assume the GPU is faulty. That said, its more likely not to work than do something like your experiencing.

FYI, I ran a HD4670 with a PSU half your wattage, so yours shouldn't be an issue.
So i tried it in another machine and the same thing happened.

What exactly could be the issue with the GPU that its causing the system not to even POWER on ??

I dunno, maybe a short at circuit level....

RMA or replacement time I'm afraid, it could be anything causing the problem.

Back