Graphics card power

Status
Not open for further replies.

james_k1988

i have a felling my graphics card isnt performing (performance wise) as good as it should. the card i have is a GeForce fx5700ve 256mb . I guess one of the main reasons i think its not performing as well it the agp selections in the bios. I'm not positive what they mean though so they might be fine, but i thought id better check up. Right i jsut checked and from what i can rememebr, teh AGP settings in teh bios are

aperture size - 64mb (i think, might be 128)
shared memory size - 32mb
graphics engine - 133mhz (it allowed me to put it up higher if i wanted to but didnt touch it jus incase)

with some of these low numers an the fact the graphics engine alowed me 2 put it up got me curious lol so if neone knows what settings it should be for better performance let me kno, thanx :wave:

AGP Apagure size should be set to 256
Shared memory ?how huch memory do you have now on your system? move V-Sync to off

memory

well i had a feeling it might be talkina bout shareing the mohterboards onboard memory (usually like 16mb) but ill giv u the stats of my com incase that helps

AMD Sempron 2600+
foxconn mobo
1024DDR RAM
GeFore FX5700VE 256

thats all i can think of just now lol sorry but im really tired at the moment. Rite ill go put the aperture size up an c if that helps. Ive seen that somewher be4, wher do i adjust the v-sync? BIOS or in the g-cards settins?

p.s. i jsut checked that shared memory thing, it says as follows :

VGA Shared Memory - 32mb

hope that helps :)

I have my shared turned off you really do not need it .As for the v-Sync turn it off from desktop control right click properties /advanced...

vsync

the vertical sync thing is on application controled just now, will i leave it there or turn it off completely?

shared

ok ill give teh vsync a try. Back to this shared memory i tried to turn it off but it will only go as low as 16mb :S should it leave it low or high?

My honost answer I do not use mine at all it is turned off for I have 1 gig of ram and a very good card try to expermient and see what works best for you...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back