TechSpot

Graphics card problem (I think)

By Cyber_Prelude
Oct 24, 2006
  1. Hi everyone!

I really hope you can help me with this?

Right, kind of hard to explain but here goes. . . . .

I have recently gotten into playing Counter Strike (a game I am sure most of you have heard of!)

Sometimes when I shoot (say for instance at a wall or door), little black squares appear and move slightly before dissapearing?? I really don't know how to sort it and I am hoping it is going to be a simple adjustment of my graphics card but i don't know what will need to be adjusted?

I have an Nvidia Geforce 7600GT by the way.

Thanks, look forward to reading the replies :D

2. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 2,605   +9

Hi and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

Do you have the latest video drivers from Nvidia, and the direct X 9.0c?

Regards :wave:

3. Cyber_Prelude

Cyber_Prelude TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks wolfram. Yes, I have the latest drivers I think (but I installed these off of the installation CD not the website)

I'm not sure about the direct X application?? I know it is on the CD but im not sure if i installed it or not?!

I think I will try downloading the latest driver off of the net and installing the direct X. What is direct X by the way as I have seen it on the CD but I wasn't actually sure what it was?!

Sorry for all the questions, I'm, a total Noob when it comes to computers!

Thanks again :)

Regards

4. wolfram

THIS PAGE should answer your question about DX.

You can download the latest DX version here:
    http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/OS-Enhancements/DirectX-9.0c-Redistributable.shtml

And the latest Nvidia driver from here:
    http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_2k_91.47.html

First, install DirectX 9.0C, then uninstall your old Nvidia drivers (from Add & Remove programs, in Control Panel ;)), then download Driver Cleaner PRO, run it, select nvidia, and then click "Start".
    And finally, install the newest drivers.

Regards :wave:

5. Cyber_Prelude

Cyber_Prelude TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thankyou very much, i will try this now and let you know if it works or not :D

6. wolfram

OK, good luck :wave:

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.