Graphics card problem?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys.i hav got a problem with my graphics card not working properly.after a few minutes of jaming out on call of duty 4 and other games,the screen starts getting jerky and keeps pausing.
Was wondering if it had something to do with my set up.mayb power supply not big enough.anyway this is what it consist of:

Intel Core 2 Quad 6600 2.4G 8M LGA775 dual, Asus P5K SE intel P35 LGA775 Motherboard, 2G DDR2-800 transcend Ram x2, western digital 500GB SATA II HDD 16M, PALIT 8800gt Geforce ddr3 512m VGA card, Asus Lightscibe DVD writer 20x, Power supply 500w Raidmax gaming, 22'' screen.

any help would be great thanks.

hmm well my system use to do that for COD4 when I had my cpu clocked to 4.4Ghz, I have it at 3.5 now and it doesnt happen anymore. I'm assuming it was a power issue, might be the same with you.

I would get random freezes and not during big things like air strikes or a fight in an open area.

How the hell are you guys getting that chip to run so fast? I can't even get a stable 3Ghz without problems arising. I have the chip with G0 stepping too and it runs at 3Ghz but the system just freezes and falls on its face. Maybe I should look at getting a different mobo. I've heard that this board is notoriously bad for overclocking Quads...

I looked up the power needs on that card. 450 watts minimum. But, it does require 30 amps combined from the 12 volt rails. If your PSU is not up to 30 amps, that will effect your performance for sure.

EXCellR8, that board is the worst overclocking board. Any decent board will do better.

You got any suggestions? I'd really like to see at least 3Ghz with this chip, which by looking around, seems far from unreasonable. I wish I had known about this board's terrible quad reputation before picking it up...

You got any suggestions? I'd really like to see at least 3Ghz with this chip, which by looking around, seems far from unreasonable. I wish I had known about this board's terrible quad reputation before picking it up...

can u give me expectations as to what u intend to do with the computer? what I look for in a board and some one else can be completely different.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back