Graphics Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

M_Jones

I recently had a HD error and had to replace my old one with a new one and reinstall my whole PC.

Now whenever i try play any games i get ridiculous lag and very low frames per second, before my reformat i had 90FPS in Call Of Duty 2, now im lucky to have 50 :( Im using exactly the same setup with the latest Omega Drivers but i did try the latest ATI drivers and had the same problem.

Im using an x800 Ati Radeon AGP card btw, if you need more details please ask :)

I do have this note in my DxDiag:
Several files (kstvtune.ax, ksxbar.ax, kswdmcap.ax, etc.) are incorrectly installed in the Windows folder and should be deleted.

What about DirectX? If that is in order too, then use Driver Cleaner Pro from here. Use the instructions on that same page to uninstall all traces of ur drivers completely. Then re-intall DirectX 9.0C plus the latest updates (June 2006 is the latest I think) and re-install ur drivers too. See if the problem still exists. What card do u have BTW?

I downloaded an August 2006 DirectX today, i will try that driver cleaner now, but this has happened even after a complete reformat today.

Its an ATI Radeon X800, which drivers do you suggest? I had problems with the normal ATI drivers before and went to Omega but now im not so sure.

Catalyst 6.9 should normally work fine for an X800 series card. Try out the Driver Cleaner anyways and tell me what happens.

After reformatting, did you reinstall all your motherboard drivers as well?

Post all of your system specs. There is no way you can run Call of Duty 2 at 90 FPS, or are you using low details???

Okay, here goes:

AMD Sempron 64 3000+ Processor (1.8Ghz)
ASUS K8V-MX Motherboard (754 Socket)
ATI Radeon X800 256Mb (AGP)
1Gb DDR Ram
500W PSU - Not sure on much else.
SB Live! Sound Card

DirectX 9.0c
ATI Radeon 6.9 Drivers

what exactly is your problem? Is it only in this game that you get slow performance? what rpm is you hdd? your old one???

Not sure if this is related but i have some Unknown Hardware which wont find any drivers or anything for it, not sure what it is though :confused:
Ah, this doesn't look good does it, found this in the device manager...

This device is not configured correctly. (Code 1)

To reinstall the drivers for this device, click Reinstall Driver.

could you use a driver software such as the one used from driver guide, i once had a unidentified device and i used the driver guide software to help me identify it and locate the drivers for, worth a try maybe?

Im starting to panic about this now...

tech2sn9.jpg

tech1vq0.jpg

I tried to manually do the drivers and at the end of the file copy it just closes my PC and reboots :( It wont automatically install the drivers or anything.

hmm could it be a bad driver file? did you download it? maybe try an earlier version of the driver (i can only presume you downloaded the all-in-wonder from ATI website) how about disbaling the device and try installign in safe mode??

Humm, lets not buy that.

Okay i got rid of the Unknown Device finally by uninstalling and doing lots of crap in Safe Mode and then reinstalling. But back to the FPS problem, i guess tommorow i will uninstall these drivers again and reinstall the Omega because before i had the HD error i had a similar problem and by changing drivers it fixed it (Ati 6.8 to Omega).

Martin

Uninstall everything under display adapters, but do this in safe mode. After you uninstall it, restart in safe mode again and use DriverCleaner to remove the remains of the driver. Reboot into normal Windows XP and then download and install the ATI original drivers from: https://support.ati.com/ics/support/default.asp?deptID=894&task=knowledge&questionID=640

OMEGA drivers sometimes tend to be faulty, depending on how Windows XP installs itself. Remember not every XP installation is the same, and usually it is best to have the latest drivers, and not use modified ones. I used modified ones too once and came to the conclusion that the original ones are the best.:cool:
DriverCleaner is your best bet to getting rid of your problem, just select ATI, then put a check beside Select Multiple Cleaning Filters. Select the following filters: ATI, ATI CCC, ATI HydraVision, ATI IGP, ATI MMC, ATI Remote Wonder, ATI TV Wonder, and ATI Uninstall Utility. Make sure to select all of them so that you can install the drivers clean.

I think it is considering the TV Tuner/Rage Theater chip part of the card as another device. Try using the original drivers that came with the card because I had a similar problem with my very problematic old AIW 9800pro.

MetalX said:
I think it is considering the TV Tuner/Rage Theater chip part of the card as another device. Try using the original drivers that came with the card because I had a similar problem with my very problematic old AIW 9800pro.

Just do it as I told you and everything will be fine. Don't use the drivers that came with the card, because they are too old

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back