Graphics card problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
:( Hi!

I've just built a new computer around my Core 1 7extreme edition and everything ran fine during the BIOS set up (no beeps!) When I loaded XP64 I got the dreaded 1 long, 2 short beeps (Monitor or graphics card error) I've no idea how to start identifying the problem, let alone fixing the problem.

I've deconstructed it and reconstructed, but no joy!

Any help would be appreciated. :grinthumb

Can you test your graphics card in another PC or put a known good graphics card in your new PC? Do you have another monitor to test that possibility (like the one you're using now).

hi Mailpup,

Thanks for the advice, I don't think the PC that I'm using will accept the new VGU but I'll look again. I was told this in a local comp shop....

I have switched monitors, I'm using the new one on my Dell 5150 and it took without any problems at all.

I've had a look into the new PC and took out the VGU, checked the connections, looked for red lights etc but can't see anything wrong with it. I did read on another forum that XFX were not brilliant, but that was only one post....The XFX website wasn't much help though, but I have logged a call with them. :confused:

update

:mad: Looks like a dud GPU:dead:

It doesn't work in either of my computers, so I'm sending it back to the supplier. Thats the best response I got from XFX.

So now I'll have to wait for longer to game hard....

Duds happen. Post back when you get the new card and let us know if it works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back