TechSpot

Graphics card problems

By gmoneyjackson
Dec 30, 2006
  1. i got a new comp with a ati raedon 1300 pro series. the guy at the store said it was a good card. is it? when i play games i lag alot. on fear i cant even play. plz help

2. DonNagual

DonNagual TechSpot Ambassador Posts: 2,404

The 1300 pro series is an "entry level" graphics card. It will run the newest games, but you need to turn down all the eye candy to get good framerates. I am not surprised that you are lagging in a demanding game like F.E.A.R. What are the specs of the rest of your system? Ram, CPU etc.

Here is a good tweak guide to help you adjust the settings for better gameplay:
    http://www.tweakguides.com/FEAR_1.html

3. gmoneyjackson

gmoneyjackson TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 22

uhh u have 1 gb ram 2.66ghz core duo

4. DonNagual

Yah, safe to say that it is your graphics card that is holding you back then.

5. gmoneyjackson

and ive tried that website.. it does not really help me, and is there a console for FEAR like their is in counter strike?

6. DonNagual

Maybe I am misunderstanding you here, but it doesn't sound like you really checked out that link I gave you completely. It has very detailed information about adjusting the in-game settings. It would take about an hour to go through all that info and adjust everything.

7. gmoneyjackson

ok ill do it, does it have a console? like counter strike?

8. DonNagual

What do you mean by console. Do you mean the prompt so you can enter the cheat codes etc?

If so, as far as I know, F.E.A.R. doesn't have the console the same way that CS does. But by pressing the Talk key (T by default) there are some codes that seem to work.

Or do you mean the console to adjust the games settings?

9. gmoneyjackson

i was seeing if their was a console, where i could type in dif things to icrease fps like developer 1, etc.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.