Graphics Card Switch

Hi this is my first post

I am looking to change my graphics card inside my computer so I can run games like Skyrim Diablo 3 Dota 2 and Saints Row 4 I was wondering what I should go for with a budget of $60-$80

ComputerSpecs: Intel Core2Quad Q8200 2.33GHz
Intel G45/G43 Express Chipset
4GB Ram
I know my graphics card is primative and im kinda sick f having evreything in ultra low quality

Look for cards that atleast support DirectX 11. This will eliminate most older cards that use more power than they are worth. Please make sure your power supply is strong enough to support the graphics card of you choosing.

The "x" below is usually incremented by 1 each generation of graphics. Both AMD and nVidia are currently at 7, although AMD is due for a new release very soon.
  • With nVidia try to get a x50 or greater, x40 and lesser are not generally game rated.
  • With AMD try to get a x700 or greater, x600 and lesser are not generally game rated.
Quick search, I'm sure you can do better.

It never occurred to me, to ask if you had a all-in-one PC. All-in-one PC's are basically non-upgradeable, such as notebooks. I was assuming you had a standard desktop machine. You can contact Dell Support and ask if there is a graphics upgrade option for your machine. There is little to no way for us to know, if there is an option available. Even if we did know, you would still need to go through dell as the upgrade would likely be proprietary.

You might be able to get an upgraded graphics board from Dell since the All in One form factor will not be able to take standard PCI-Express graphics cards.

I was about to say something then I realized what yall were talking about, I don't think I have actually seen one of these in machines in real life.

Hypothetically, from the few forums I just read, if there is plenty of space for it (I cant see the inside where the card is located to I can confirm this) you could do...oops I just noticed cliffordcooley already covered this. It takes MXM 1 and 2 cards it seems, so I would start from there and see what you can add, your going to have to check if the heatsink will work fine with the card first.

Contacting Dell would be the best option honestly, because Dell has a reputation for Bios locking certain Video cards on their mobile options as it is.

Back