Graphics Card Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello, I'm currently using a Dell Dimension E310 Desktop. I bought it initally for just general use. But I recently started playing World of Warcraft. Everything on my E310 is still standard except the RAM wich is DDR2. I upgraded to 2G of RAM 1G in each slot wich is the max that it allows. Well my current graphics card plays World of Warcraft just fine except when im raiding.(Group of people usually 10-25 take down a dugeon) Raiding is the whole reason i play now and I get really low framerates while doing so. My question is what graphics card can I get without having to upgrade my power supply, wich is 230watt. I've been reading other threads and they're saying that this isnt exaclty the best model for upgrading things. I usually get a solid 35fps when I'm by myself playing World of Warcraft. But when i join a raid group and anything big comes out I drop to about 10-15fps. I dont want to have a super graphics card or anything I just dont want to lagg during raids. Any suggestions would be helpfull. Also could someone clarify what the differnce between PCIE x1 and PCI is? My BUS type is PCI 2.3 and PCI Express x1. PCI has a 120 pin connector and the PCI Express has a 36 pin connector. Thanks much.

I would not recommend it, no. You can get a good PSU for around $40 which will do the job admirably. Look at the Antec Basiq and Earthwatts series for good examples. The 300W-400W models will be plenty.

Thanks a lot Rage, i guess I'll just cave and buy a bigger power supply it seems to be the only problem preventing me from getting a decent graphics card.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back