.Graphics Card Upgrade.Also Will POP-Sands of Time run on GF4MX440?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amitad

I have GF2 MX 400(64 Mb).and want to upgrade .I use my Pc for Gaming.Recently I got POP--Sands of Time but the game does not run on my system(no Vertex and Pixel Shader support).I initially wanted to go in for GF 4 Ti 4200 but the card is not available in my country (India).Can anyone suggest an alternative to GF 4 Ti 4200 .(The price should be more or less comparable to GF 4 Ti 4200 )

PoP : sands of time will not run on any MX card. It needs at least a R8500 on the ATI or at least a GF3 on the nVidia side ( no MXs whatsoever ).

Guys.How about ATI Radeon 9200(64 MB).Is it Good enough for Future gaming.
Instead of ATI if I want to stick with nVidia is the FX 5200 worth looking at?

Both will run current games well ( as long as the resolution isn't 1600x1200 & you don't enabled FSAA & such ). But they are certainly not future proof.

Guys,I was just curious about this.Recently a friend of mine downloaded Doom3 demo and ran it on a GF 4 MX 440.I am not sure about the resolution but the game ran fairly good on his rig.(the shadow effects were Quite Good).Will Doom 3 /Half Life-2/Stalker/Far Cry run on FX 5200(which is a replacement for MX 440).Of Course I am talking about these games running on 640*480 or 800*600(not on High Res)?

it will run on the 5200. i would suggest the ultra model, or if you can afford it a higher end card like the fx 5700.

Is the FX 5600(from XFX )with 128 Mb DDR a good buy for around 195$?.(I am currently residing in India and the prices for Graphic cards is on the higher side ).Is the performance good enough for the price?
Is this card a replacement for Ti4200?
Also will POP-Sands of time work on a FX 5200?

I would definitely stay away from the fx5200. I owned one and it really isn't that much better than the MX440 in terms of frame rate. Only advantage over the MX440 is it will do directx 8 and 9. Go for the FX5600, Ultra if possible or if that is too pricey, go for the ti4200 as it is a better performer than the 5200.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back