Graphics Card Upgrade

I am a noob at upgrading and installing parts in computers. I bought a gaming computer from amazon and it has been running quite well so far, but I intend on upgrading the graphics card. Maybe paying some-one to do it for me, as I have no knowledge what so ever on how to install/remove a graphics card.
Current PC Specs that I know of:
Processor: AMD Quad Core 4130.
Graphics Card: ATI HD 5450.
Power Supply: According to the Seller. 110v, 500 watts.
As you can see I do not know much about my computer. But here is a link to the product that I bought from Amazon: http://amzn.to/1kaSsXv
------------------
I play games like: COD: Ghosts, COD 4: Modern Warfare, GTA V [When and IF it comes out on PC], Garrys Mod, WoW, Portal 2 and other high end graphics games. - Overall, I need a recommendation on what graphics card to buy, and would it both run and fit in my computer. [I live in the UK and my budget is aprox. £150]. Sorry if I have either posted this in the wrong thread, or if I am not giving enough information. Please inform me if you require more info.

EDIT!: I found some information about my computer from the amazon link, here is some Product Details:
Processor Brand: AMD
Processor Type: AMD BULLDOZER [4130 Quad Core]
Processor Speed: 3.9 GHz
Processor Socket: SocketAM3
Processor Count: 4 Memory
RAM Size: 8000 MB
Computer Memory Type: DDR3 SDRAM Hard Drive
Hard Drive Size: 1000 GB
Hard Drive Interface: Serial ATA
Additional Drives: DVD+-RW Graphics
Graphics Card Description: ATI 5450 1GB HDMI VGA CARD
Power Supply: [According to the Seller] 110v, 500 watts.

Last edited by a moderator:
With that budget and 500 watts, you should not be too limited in your purchases. One thing you need to check is if your Power Supply has a set of 6 pin connectors or 8 pin connectors because sometimes on the pre-bought machines they do not have too many.

Here is what I would recommend if you have at least 2 6 Pins available:

Highest
R9 280 £175
or
R9 270X £140

Those would both be excellent cards with the 280 being the best and the 270X being right below it in terms of performance. Both would be a huge step up from an HD 5450.

Thank you for your response!:) How would I be able to check if my power supply has what you say it needs? [2 6 Pin Connectors]
Just look for the coords dangling from the PSU, they should look something like this:
6pin_pcie.jpg

or

pcie8.jpg

Your system should at least have one or two of these connectors being a 500 Watt. However you just need to check first because some of those cards listed need at least 2 6 pins and your current GPU usually does not have a 6Pin needed for it.

The cords could be bundled up and tucked away somewhere. Or, your PSU might have some holes that would fit this plug, but the actual cables are missing.

Back