Graphics game issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well to start with a few months back my computer started playing up by well basically shutting off both of my screens and displaying odd and random colours and lines accompanied by a high pitch sound.
Since then my computer stopped posting so I switched the MB, RAM and CPU.
I left the graphics card the same which was an X850 Pro. Since then this problem keeps occurring and I can not even load up games. I have just replaced my graphics card with an X1950 Pro and the problem still occurs.

My old spec:-
Asus A8V Deluxe
AMD Athlon 64bit 3200+
Maxtor SATA 250GB HDD
ATI Radeon X850 Pro
SB Audigy 2 ZS
1024 DDR RAM

My spec:-
Gigabyte AM2 Socket
AMD Athlon X2 4600
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Maxtor SATA 250GB HDD
ATI Radeon X1950 Pro
1024 DDR 2 RAM

Also when running the computer with my on board graphics driver I do not ever receive any problems. Sorry I was not more help with the system specs if need be I can do some digging around to find them all.

Did your original problem start with the update of catalyst driver from ATI?

Did you keep the same HDD?
If so you are going to have fun updating your drivers.

the other thing is do you have DirectX 9.0c
and doesn't your vid card plug into the AGP slot? If yes to both install catalyst driver 7.7 instead of the newer version 7.8-7.10 don't 100% support AGP. ATI neglects to mention that anywhere on their site or troubleshooting pages.

In all honesty I tried that but I have just fixed the problem. For some reason I don't care why my Sound card in a normal PCI slot was causing drivers from my ATI card to crash.

I am thankful the help anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back