Graphics glitches with new card

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I'm looking for some help.

I am currently running a Dell Dimension 8300 desktop (4 years old!)

I decided to try souping up the graphics.

The card is a Nvidia 7300 GT by PNY.

I also upgraded the PSU. However I have had alot of problems. I will list the steps I have taken -

First I ran the card with a new 350w CHEAP psu. This worked fine for 2-3 hours of gaming before the display corrupted and froze.

After this whenever I tried booting with the new card I would get slight glitches on the windows boot screens (some horizontal white lines/dots).

The PC would get to the windows login then display a bunch of black and white stripes.

I figured a high end PSU would fix this problem, so I invested in a 500w 'Bluestorm II'.

I still get exactly the same errors on booting, the glitches are even in the same location on the screen every time. However I am now able to login to windows;

...only now wherever I move the cursor tiny little red/grey lines appear, then the graphics will start to crash.

I have updated my graphics drivers and even the BIOS.

Is this most likely a hardware or software problem?

If it could be a driver problem, should I format the HDD?

I don't think the card is damaged as it will display things ok for a while then starts to corrupt.

I'd take the card back.

Do you still have the old one, or onboard?

Remove the new card, try the old one and if there's no corruption, it's pretty much got to be a faulty Card.

The old card worked fine whenever I swapped them out.

I returned the card yesterday and got a replacement, which is now working fine.

Thanks for your replies guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back