graphics lettrs icons etc are really big & chunky like on me old vic 20.

Status
Not open for further replies.
hello,please forgive me if i sound silly or stupid but i am very very new with computers and the internet.

i have been online for approx 6 weeks and have had a limited time with the computer due to other commitments
anyway i have a technical question(technical for me anyway)
Recently (thursday) my computer would not come on .
anyhow it was the graphics card that was knackered so i went to pc world and brought a new one and fitted and installed it, but my graphics lettrs icons etc are really big & chunky like on me old vic 20. why is this? the new card is a 3d fusion ge force 6200 but i dont know what type the old one (which seemed better) is. all i know is that its red with lots of chips on itsmade by invidia and it hasnt got a fan on it. it does have some code numbers thogh can anybody tell me what type my old one is or can it be repaired please???

Sounds like you don't have nVidia drivers for the card. You must try to download it from nVidia website or install it from the cd given

. For the chunky stuffs, right click in desktop, settings tab, and choose desired screen resolution. If the screen resolution is only stuck in 640 x 480 or 800 x 600 it means you really need to reinstall your nVidia driver.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back