TechSpot

Graphics Problem 3d

By buginson
Aug 27, 2006
  1. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE HELP ME
    Hi everyone. I'm new to this site and i have a little problem with "Operation flashpoint".
    I load the game but it hangs after a while and returns to windows.

Was wondering what the problem is.

I ran dxdiag and it told me it had failed on step 8 (creating 3d device), and 3d not available, though when i run dxdiag before i start the game the tests work out fine.

I seems that running the game makes the 3d problem and i have to reboot to get it to work again.

I am running XP Pro
    256mb ram
    256mb Geforce FX5200
    Direct x v9.0b
    Currently the latest nvidia drivers.

I'm not brilliant with computers but if anyone could give me a step by step guide to fixing it could you let me know.

I know the game is old now but i still find it really entertaining and hope someone could help me with the matter.

I'm running at at full 32bit, but when i do auto detect it gives display device direct 3D, although i have a new graphics card i was thinking it should support HW T&L ? (?what ever that means?)

Any help would be great!
    Thankyou

2. buginson

buginson TS Rookie Topic Starter

Right ive tried to load it in lower res and it came up with this...

Cannot create 3D device:
    Adapter 0 (nividia Geforce FX 5200) Fullscreen
    Resolution 1152x864, format R5G6B5/D24S8, refresh 75hz
    Error D3DERR_NOTAVAILABLE

Any ideas?

3. Darth_Terra1

Darth_Terra1 TS Rookie Posts: 212

do you have your vid card set to override applications, it may be that your vid card is trying to run in 1152*864 and it's not a res supported by the game use application selection so that the game can select the res and is not forced into a unsupported res by the vid card, give that a try it usually works if not post back.

4. buginson

buginson TS Rookie Topic Starter

No that didn't help. Ive just upgraded to directx 9.0c too and that hasn't helped either.

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.