Graphics problem, in game - GeForce 6600 256 AGP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all. Im wondering if anyone can possibly help me with my problem.

Basically, ive just got the afore mentioned graphics card. Installed all okay, updated nvidia drivers to v77.7.7.

The problem happens when I come to play a game. Im in the menus, all is okay then when the game starts - all I get is a total mis-mash of triangles, colours and lighting. I have no idea what this is, cant find anything about it anywhere. Im rather stressed with it all!

I have an AMD XP 2.2ghz processor, 1gb SD DDR.

Any help/hints etc would be seriously appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Joe.

Maybe you mean 77.72? Anyway, there have been problems with the latest drivers. Try uninstalling and installing the 71.89 or older drivers.

Yeah, apologies, its 77.72.

Ive tried the older drivers too, I still get the same problem. Ive searched for similar threads and found some things, but nothing works.

Thanks for replying.

freaky 6600 screens

When I installed the same 6600 256 mb card I had the same problem,(mine affected desktop too!)

I took it out unistalled the drivers and started again and it works now!

It seems the problem is only when i run things full screen. Half life 2 works when i open it in a window.....im so confused.

I have the same graphics card and I am experiencing the exact same problems! I installed Worms Armageddon, everything works okay until you actually try to play the game(the menu is there etc) and then a black screen comes and you have to CTR+ALT+DEL to get out of it.

Same problem with Diablo 2, I have no idea what to do...

If you find anything out please help me.

do like that one guy did take it out uninstall everything and start over, some times things get missed when installing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back