Graphics problem, or just plain virus infected. Somebody helps, please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last night when I was using the power was cut off suddenly. And this morning, I turned the PC on to find that some black bars had appeared on my desktop. It'slike, the screen is behind a prison bar. I thought it was because of viruses at first. But then after scanning the pc, I restarted the pc and those bars are still there. The thing is, when i pressed printscreen, and intended to paste into MS paint, no bars was on the image. 5 black bars, even when I'm posting this thread, those bars prevent the eyesight.

So, it's because of my pc, viruses or anything else. Thanks for your help.

now 3 have turned into white bars, one half white half the background colour of NF's Sasuke skin, and one the colour of my wallpaper.

Then I unplugged the cable from the LCd display to the power, and the plugged it in again. I turned back to normal and then 5 white bars appeared again Somebody helps, pleae.

vananh said:
Last night when I was using the power was cut off suddenly. And this morning, I turned the PC on to find that some black bars had appeared on my desktop. It'slike, the screen is behind a prison bar. I thought it was because of viruses at first. But then after scanning the pc, I restarted the pc and those bars are still there. The thing is, when i pressed printscreen, and intended to paste into MS paint, no bars was on the image. 5 black bars, even when I'm posting this thread, those bars prevent the eyesight.

So, it's because of my pc, viruses or anything else. Thanks for your help.

now 3 have turned into white bars, one half white half the background colour of NF's Sasuke skin, and one the colour of my wallpaper.

Then I unplugged the cable from the LCd display to the power, and the plugged it in again. I turned back to normal and then 5 white bars appeared again Somebody helps, pleae.
Hm... do you have any other monitors to test with? The fact that a direct print screen did not capture the "bars" has led me to believe that your graphics card is fine, but your monitor has suffered some fatal damage.

So, yeah, if you have another monitor, try to use that one. If the bars don't appear, then it's 100% certain that your monitor broke.

Definitely agree with agi_shi on this one. I had something similar happen to me last summer where in the middle of the day we had a transformer down the block blow and my monitor was fried. The monitor was behind a Surge Protector and UPS... sometimes it just can't be helped, that's why replacement plans are good. :) But definitely check the monitor before you go out and buy a new card.. even if you just have an old CRT to test it with. Something to tell you that the card is still functional, since the rest of the computer works, it would seem weird that the card got singled out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back