Graphics Tearing in-game

Status
Not open for further replies.

TIMMY

Hi,

Well I'm running an 8800 GTS, and ingame when I move or turn suddenly I seem to get 'tears' in the graphics. it's not really a big deal it's just annoying. I tried turning triple buffering on, but it still tears, and I don't want to run my games with vsync. What can I do?

Help me if you can, thanks :]

no, it's not getting insufficent power and it's not too hot. The reason I think it's not either of those problems is because if I run my games with vsync forced on, the problem goes away.

It's not horrible tearing like if it were to be too hot, it's actually barely noticable. It's just annoying.

Vsync caps your frame rate relative to your Refresh Rate. Considering you have a good graphics cards like a 8800 GTS its not impossible your frame rate was so much faster than your refresh rate, it was tearing the picture. Try setting your refresh rate as high as your monitor will support. Vsync is annoying because it will cap your frame rate to your refresh rate, which can be very annoying if you have a below average monitor and an above average graphics card!

Well I have my refresh rate maxed out for the resolution I play my games at, and I see no need for more than 100 fps, so thats what my max is in all my games.

I'm thinking it's some type of option in my 3d settings or something. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Vsync isnt really that bad, I just turn it off for CS:S and Oblivion since I have a really big CRT monitor I got from my grandma after I sold my PCs ( the ones in my Profile I sold )

I think it's highest refresh rate is around 75 so if I put it on then my FPS would only go to around 75 or lower instead of more

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back