Graphics Tech meets Auto Tech at CES 2011

For all the tech enthusiasts out there with a love of the automotive -you know who you are- Feast your eyes on the new Tegra 2 nav unit/info centre...
http://www.intomobile.com/2011/01/04/nvidia-tegra-2-dual-core-tesla-bmw/

Two questions:
1. How long between introduction and the first road accident causes by inattention to whats happening on the road. About as long as it took the MPLS light rail system to take out its first pedestrian
2. Can this be overclocked ?
no, but for an extra $300 you can get a PCIE-x16 expansion slot for a discrete graphics card.

That caught me on the hop. I Googled "MPLS light rail first fatality" and got more hits than if I'd typed in "Lindsay Lohan drunk"
no, but for an extra $300 you can get a PCIE-x16 expansion slot for a discrete graphics card.
So, incorporate Google Earth in 3D, add some decent graphics power and I should be able to have a 2-player game against the computer with "Need For Speed: Downtown Shopping District" - I'm keen!

That caught me on the hop. I Googled "MPLS light rail first fatality" and got more hits than if I'd typed in "Lindsay Lohan drunk"

:haha: sorry about that, my solipsistic self just assumes that everyone knows what MPLS stands for.

oh no Chef! that wont do. The whole point of the light rail (according to then Mayor 'Sharon "soupy sales" Belton') was to get you out of your gas guzzling auto, and let the train take you to the shopping you see.

It will cause 'crisis' ....... specially if DBZ got his wish about NFS 'Shopping with Wife'. But if you do that in a Tesla with 'higher end graphics', you'd probably run out of juice before you get to downtown.

Shopping with Wife would be more like the most boring installment of GTA...

Mission 1: Chauffeur partner to shopping district (Mission fails if you show any signs of road rage)
Mission 2: Drive from shop to shop even though the shops are all within comfortable walking distance (Mission fails if you chop down the gears to make a green light or vacant parking spot)
Mission 3: Make approving noises regarding partners choice of shops for browsing (Mission fails if player yawns. Game over if player distracted by other female non-playing characters. No Save Game option)
Mission 4: Refrain from commenting that partner has made no purchases while browsing the last fifty shops (Mission fails if player is inattentive or makes eye contact with female sales assistants)
Mission 5: Return from shopping expedition (Mission fails if player makes jokes about visibly aging during the mission quests. Easter egg + bonus points available if player can make conversation regarding specific non-bought items that the partner thought were "nice")

Back