grapics card help

Status
Not open for further replies.

dietrying

i got halflife2 but i dont know what my grapics card is so do i just need to update it or buy a new 1? and how do i cheack 2 c what kind it is?
all help is appreciated!!?:/

Go to run in the Start menu and type Dxdiag in the box. Press enter and in the window that loads, click the display tab. That'll show u info on ur gfx card.

ok it says i have dirextx 9 and thats the prefered system so y is it saying that my video hardwear dose not meet the minnimun requirerments???

omg im so confused :confused:

Right click on the desktop, click Properties-Settings-Advanced-Adapter. What kind of computer do you have?

it says nvidia riva tnt2 model 64 pro
its a sony vaio and i tried to go to the nvida site and upgrad it but it still did not work

What do you mean by 'it didn't work' - the driver install failed or the game isn't working?

You have to give more details...

BTW - I have a Riva TNT2 Ultra, and HL2 was a really painful experience, it's a great game, nothing wrong with it, but our cards are way to old to do such gaming, even when it starts to run, you'll be looking at 20fps max at lowest details and res, I know mine ran it like that :(

Also, new Forceware versions tend to suck for anything older than GF6 series, yet in the other hand they iron out HL2 problems...
So it's really hard for us :(

Get a new one man that thing is seriously outdated stuff. U can get really good ones for under $200, like the X800 GTO/the 66800Gt or, even better, the X1600XT/6800GS, depending on which manufacturer u prefer.

Bah, we should at least try to make a suggestion or ask a question, rather than jumping on the 'your harware sucks, buy new one' wagon.

I think he knows as much as I do that our cards are outdated, but he asked us for help not which card to buy :(

Dietrying, try installing some of the ForceWare 7x.xx series of drivers, preferably, if they dont work, you'll have to try 6x.xx.

The new drivers claim to support for down to TNT, but it's not true, the support has to be added, and even if the install works the driver may cause incompatibility and crashes :(

If no driver really works, we could recommend you a card, given that you provide us with a budget, but I'd rather solve it without you spending money.

Gpu

All This person needs to get if the GPU is un-able to support the game is Geforce 2 MX400 64bit because call of duty works perfectly fine on my and i can run Hidden& Dangerous 2 on my computer and i have that exact same GPU and it is like £40

MCChopper said:
All This person needs to get if the GPU is un-able to support the game is Geforce 2 MX400 64bit because call of duty works perfectly fine on my and i can run Hidden& Dangerous 2 on my computer and i have that exact same GPU and it is like £40
and how much dose that cost AND where could i get it??

and btw when i said it "dident work" i ment it said it worked but the game still said it was not the right hardweare or what ever i said be4
:monkey:MONKEY!!!!!

You can likely get a card that will play the games listed for $35-$70 USD, so you wont have to "break the bank" if all you're interested in is COD and Halflife/Halflife2.

You should google and download CPU-Z and run this program. it has an export button on the last tab. If you do this, you can cut/paste the file and post it here. From there, we can give you direct links to cheap, low-budget cards that will offer better performance for more modern gaming.

Also, it would help if you let us know where you live geographically. If you're in the USA, Canada, Europe or elsewhere.

dietrying said:
ok so where do i download the new softwere?
and im not spending 200$ on a component 4 a 40$ game

Then switch to console gamming, JK with you

You can get a descent card around $100. Tell us you're price range and we will be glad to help.

if your anywhere near the uk you can get a good quality card for about £30 ($45-$50) i payed £34 for a radeon 9550 256mb and it's adequate for the games you want to play, but... if you get directX7 hardware, Geforce 4/5 then you'll more than likely get good fps in hl2 and cod 2 as they have seperate support for direcX 7. the 9550 does run hl2 a bit choppy though all depending on what your other hardware specs are,

if you tell us

CPU
Ram
Mobo

we might be able to help you a bit more with your problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back