great... a virus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Avast has been finding trojan and adware left and right. I got rid of some of the stuff, but alot of the adware is still here. I should probably turn off system restore, thats where I went wrong and need to do it again, but I used HiJack This and figured I'd post a log here to see if there's anything I'm missing first. I keep getting pop ups even if I didn't open the internet explorer yet, i think one is like wininstaller2006.exe or something to that effect. I dont know but it wants to install some virus thing even though it's an ad. And other ones pop up too. Ever since this happened my internet freezes and has to be re opened really easily, and its very annoying haha.

The first few items I think are the problem, all the findwhatyouneed.com things. What do you think? How should I go about fully getting rid of this?

THANKS!

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Go and read the Trojan Pakes and other nasties preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT and AVG Antispyware logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of chrishero only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

well so far so good, I got up to tool one where I have to put my computer in safe mode...but I keep doing it over and over hitting f8 continually before the window logo comes up and its going. Any other ways to pull this off? I've put it in safe mode before but it's not doing it this time

Since you`re having difficulties with safe mode. Follow the instructions from normal mode.

Regards Howard :)

This thread is for the use of chrishero only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

I followed everything, and got my computer into safe mode finally as well. The f8 technique didn't work so I ran msconfig and booted safe mode from there. I showed all system files and folders, and turned off system restore, and ran everything. I ran into some trouble with the AVG scan. I set it to quarantine, but everytime I clicked apply to all (or whatever it says after scanning) it froze. So i kept trying and just ran it and saved the logfile when it was finished as is. I still deleted alot with the other programs, but nothing seems to really have changed. Here are the most current AVG and HJT logs...

Download the Pocket Killbox programme from HERE. Extract it but don`t run it yet.

You might want to copy and paste these instructions into a notepad file. Then you can have the file open in safe mode, so you can follow the instructions easier.

Turn off system restore.(XP/ME only) See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial56.html

Boot into safe mode, under your normal user name(NOT THE ADMINISTRATOR ACCOUNT). See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial61.html

In Windows Explorer, turn on "Show all files and folders, including hidden and system". See how here.> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/tutorial62.html

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall anything to do with(if there).

DeluxeCommunications
VSAdd-in

Close control panel.

Click start/run and type services.msc into the run box and press the enter key.

When the window appears, maximise it. Double click on the following services(if there) and select stop if they are running. Set the startup type to disabled. Click apply/ok for each service you disable.

Microsoft authenticate service

Close the services window.

Open your task manager, by holding down the ctrl and alt keys and pressing the delete key.

Click on the processes tab and end process for(if there).

msasvc.exe
Dxc.exe
brxxm42171343.exe

Close task manager.

Run HJT with no other programmes open(except notepad). Click the scan button. Have HJT fix the following, by placing a tick in the little box next to(if there).

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =

R3 - URLSearchHook: (no name) - {A8BD6820-6ED7-423E-9558-2D1486B0FEEA} - C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications\DxcBho.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {46A4E9D9-B30E-452A-8157-DBBEC8573B03} - C:\Program Files\VSAdd-in\VSAdd-in.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A6EFFCD7-777D-49B1-AE2D-2C5A2862E51B} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mljge.dll

O2 - BHO: (no name) - {F18F04B0-9CF1-4b93-B004-77A288BEE28B} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\carxeipi.dll (file missing)

O3 - Toolbar: &VSAdd-in - {74DD705D-6834-439C-A735-A6DBE2677452} - C:\Program Files\VSAdd-in\VSAdd-in.dll

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DeluxeCommunications] C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications\Dxc.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [DeluxeCommunications] C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications\Dxc.exe

O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [WinMedia] C:\brxxm42171343.exe

O9 - Extra button: (no name) - {49783ED4-258D-4f9f-BE11-137C18D3E543} - C:\WINDOWS\System32\shdocvw.dll

O20 - AppInit_DLLs: dxclib303562752.dll

O20 - Winlogon Notify: mljge - C:\WINDOWS\System32\mljge.dll

O23 - Service: Microsoft authenticate service (MsaSvc) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\System32\msasvc.exe (file missing)

Click on the fix checked button.

Close HJT.

Locate and delete the following bold files and/or directories(if there).

C:\brxxm42171343.exe
C:\Program Files\DeluxeCommunications<Delete the entire folder.
C:\Program Files\VSAdd-in<Delete the entire folder.

Run the killbox.exe file. When it loads type the full path to the file you would like to delete in the field and check the delete file on reboot button. press the Delete File button (looks like a red circle with a white X). It will prompt you to reboot, select no until you have finished inputting the files you want to delete, only then allow it to reboot and hopefully your files will now be deleted. If your computer doesn`t automatically restart, restart it manually.

These are the filepaths you need to enter into killbox.

C:\WINDOWS\System32\mljge.dll

C:\WINDOWS\System32\dxclib303562752.dll

Once your system has rebooted, turn system restore back on and rehide your protected OS files.

Post a fresh HJT log as an attachment. See HERE for instructions. I`d also like to see an AVG Antispyware log, also as an attachment.

Let me know how your system is running.

firewall

I downloaded Sunbelt/Kerio Firewall, which has been nothing but a pain since I got it. But now it keeps popping up with Intrusion Attempt Blocked. C:\brxxm42171343.exe

It wont go away. If I click close it just pops up again immediately and wont go away. I cant manually delete the file either.

ARGHHHH

There was no need to open a new thread, as I have already given you instructions to follow, that should delete that trojan. I have therefore merged your new thread into this one.

Follow the instructions above exactly and post a fresh HJT log as an attachment, along with an AVG Antispyware log, also as an attachment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back