Great a question to start

By rskjackson
Mar 23, 2005
  1. Glad I've found my way to this site as my frustration with a recent game purchased for my daughter has led me into investigating more about our computer. Feel like I've learned so much from just looking into posts and responses on this site, that I have to join and see if I can't find some answers to my questions. I'll work my way over to the proper area for my question on the game mentioned above, but if I could get a question answered here first...I've hear alot about making changes in the BIOS, but how do you get to that? I'm not going to make changes yet, but would like to know how to get there.
  2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

In order to get into bios you usually have to press either the delete key or the F2 key at boot up.

Your motherboard manual will tell you which key to press.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:
  3. isatippy

isatippy TS Rookie Posts: 497

Hello and Welcome to techspot. :wave: :wave:
  4. Merc14

Merc14 TS Rookie Posts: 171

What kind of PC are we talking about? Best course of action is to look in the manual but that isn't usually very helpful re. the BIOS you're using so next go to and download a little program called cpuz. It's small and won't effect anything on your PC. Run CPUZ and it will tell you what kind of CPU, Motherboard and RAM you have as well as the BIOS version you are running. Then go to your manufacturers webpage and look for the latest downloads for the gear that cpuz identified. Follow the manufacturers instructions from there for flashing the BIOS. Be careful when flashing though as you can harm your system if you screw up. Make sure stable power and all firewalls virus protection popup stuff is off.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.