green dots :[

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard to say without seeing for ourselves (can you post a screenshot with your system specs?)

But my first guess would be graphics card's fan (or the card circuitry itself) is caked with dust and is overheating. Buy a can of compressed air from your computer store, open up your case and blow all the dust out. See if that doesn't fix you up.

Maybe it's a....wait for it..........VIRUS. Ok so that's not as funny as it really should be. :rolleyes: Have you tried Windex? Did you eat any pea soup while watching something funny at your computer?

Check your video card as DonN suggested and also reseat it. Do a degauss on the monitor. It does sound like an electrical interference issue which could mean your video cable is damaged. (the ground shielding). Try moving your monitor a little further from your PC.

Cheers.

What kind of monitor? CRT or LCD? If it's an LCD, maybe just a bunch of pixels died.

Did this happen all at once or a little at time?

I suspect it may be martian measles...
:approve: ....... :approve: .:approve: .....:approve: ......:approve:.... :dead:

lol i hav an LCD and it happened all at once. i deleted a bunch of things from my computer and it went away. but when i signed on today they were there. again.

and no i did not eat any pea soup while watching something funny. :p :p
in fact.. i dont think ive ever eaten pea soup. [yes i know it was a joke :giddy: ]

Then at the very least it's not dead pixels.
I'm thinking more along with video card & drivers.
....::::::......::.....:::::.....
...:::::.........::::::......::.....:::::........:::::.........
::::::......::.....:::::........:::::.........::::::......::.....
:::::........:::::.........::::::......::.....:::::........:::::....
.....::::::......::.....:::::........:::::.....::::::......::....
.:::::........:::::.........::::::......::.....:::::........:::::......
...::::::......::.....:::::........:::::.........::::::......::.....:::::...
.....:::::.........::::::......::.....:::::........:::::.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back