Greeting From Spain

By casalavanda
Jul 2, 2007
  1. Anyone had this problem if not I guess its a first Ugh!!:giddy:

Lived in France purchased a brand new computer along with Windows XP pre-loaded and activation code (forgot about the sticker on the rear of the PC) because the French XP OS was difficult to understand decided to reformat the PC having purchased now an English WinXP version along with its activation Code so technically I have activated two codes on the same computer with Microsoft

Has anyone made this same mistake? Can one of these activation codes be deactivated? What would you advise if anything

2. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Hello and welcome to TechSpot. :wave:

It's nice to meet you and I hope you enjoy your stay here.

Since you activated both copies of XP, Microsoft probably knows that they are on the same computer. You might try asking them to deactivate the English version so you could install it on another computer; however, the French version probably can't be moved since it's an OEM license.

Meanwhile, please check out the following threads. They will help make your TechSpot experience a more enjoyable one.

Techspot FAQ.

A message for all newcomers.

SNGX1275`s guide to making a good post/thread.

Regards :)
  3. casalavanda

casalavanda TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thank you for the quick response and hopefully a solution I understand that the French OEM version of Win XP will be registered at Microsoft
    The French version is just a restore CD packaged with other software my problem is that when I reformat the computer I always use my English WinXP would this cause a problem?
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.