Greetings all!

By cdharding
Nov 18, 2006
  1. Just joined techspot while looking for a solution to the problem of my main computer bsod'ing randomly.
    About me: I've worked in computers for 33 years, starting out as a US Air Force maintenance technician for a 2nd generation mainframe system. My full biography is available on my family web site:
    I am currently working at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in computer operations, where I monitor some of the fastest supercomputers in the world, including BlueGene/L, the number 1 machine on the latest Top500 list just out. I am a regular on Wikipedia, editing artlcles about Livermore, LLNL, and ham radio, which is one of my other interests.
    About my computers: main machine: studio - ABit AL8 mobo, Intel P4 D 830
    4gb Geil DDR2RAM 2xMaxtor 300gb SATA HDD, 1st attempt at video: ATI All-in-Wonder X600 Pro, 2nd attempt at video NVidia/PNY Geoforce 7300 GS,
    2xSony DSU-720A DVR-RW/CD-RW Pointing device: Wacom Intos3 9x12 graphics tablet, Unotron SpillSeal wireless keyboard display Samsung SyncMaster 204T Scanner HP Scanjet 3570c
    I am using an older PIII 600 box for a firewall/router/file server that runs RedHat AS 4.0 and also another file server/backup server also running RHEL 4.0 AS. I connect to the Internet via cable (currently Comcast) broadband which I've had since it became available in the area.
  2. N1Hawk

N1Hawk TS Rookie Posts: 222

Welcome what an extensive resume! :)

Welcome to TechSpot!
  3. wolfram

wolfram TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,967   +9

Hello and Welcome to Techspot!! :)

Nice to meet you!

Regards :wave:
  4. cdharding

cdharding TS Rookie Topic Starter

Thanks for the welcome!

Nice to meet you both too! I hope I can find a solution to the problem I've been having here - seems like a lot of tech-savvey folks are around....
  5. Teaser261

Teaser261 TS Rookie Posts: 121

Welcome, we've been expecting you. Glad you made it.See ya around.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.