Greetings and salutaions fellow carbon units.

By Potatoskin
Jun 15, 2008
  1. I normally don't post, or get involved but i am posting here now.

I am a fast learner, and i have been building computers for 4 years now. and in all that time i can tell you i know almost next to nothing. I never bothered to learn about the voltage and overclocking switches.

I have finished my big *** computer and am quite happy with her. The hard part in building shela was getting the computer to work effectively inside the granite case.
    yes you read that right my computer case is stone, custom built by a company that normally makes kitchen counter tops.

Al thou i have posted here with problems the problems i am having are small, I am complaing about small stuff, stuff that is most likely game related not rig related. my computer runs all my games 60+ fps on the low side.

I still get the odd "skip" like when your watching a vid clip in gears of war. like if the game is loading something. this is odd to me because i have 6 gigs of ddr2 ram at 5 5 5 18.

anyways i am here just saying hi, and if anyone as suggestions about my shela please don't keep it to your self, i really would like to know.
  2. Daproblemis

Daproblemis TS Rookie Posts: 46

My first guess is a heat issue. Not knowing how you cool it, kind of at a loss.
  3. Potatoskin

Potatoskin TS Rookie Topic Starter

lol heat was the problem

ya the case is a blessing and a curse. it keeps the heat out but in also. I had to liquid cool my cpu, gpu and put fans in it to get the remaining air out. the cpu is at a nice
    49c at idle and 54+ on load, same specs for the gpu. It can jump to 60 on a rare occasion.

and nothing can damage my case lol. but i had to move my mouse sensor from behind the case to the front. found out that most of my gaming glitches are caused from the mouse sensor trying to send a signal though 1" of granite.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.