Greetings from a techspot newbie

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am looking to build my 2nd rig. I am going to use it for gaming and video rendering. I was looking at a multicore proc. I am definately going with AMD.
Would you grab the

AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz Socket AM2+ 95W Quad-Core Processor Model HD9600WCGDBOX -

Or the
AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+ Black Edition Processor ADX6400CZBOX - 3.20GHz, 2 x 1MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2 (940), Processor

or

AMD Athlon 64 FX-74 Windsor 3.0GHz 2 x 1MB L2 Cache Socket F (1207 FX) 125W Dual-Core Processor

I also dont know wich socket type is the better of the 2 either socket f or socket AM. I built a AMD Athlon 64 rig a couple yrs ago, It was a 939 socket. Just need some advice.. Oh and I was looking at these mobos....

Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe WiFi-AP Motherboard - AMD 790FX, Socket AM2+, ATX, Audio, PCI Express 2.0, CrossFireX Ready, WiFi, Gigabit LAN, S/PDIF, USB 2.0, Firewire, eSATA, RAID

or

ASUS L1N64-SLI WS Dual L (1207FX) NVIDIA nForce 680a SLI MCP SSI CEB AMD Motherboard

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Firefightermp22

I would go for the first motherboard. I have been hearing about Asus going down the tube lately but I have a Asus board and it works great. If you get the first motherboard I would go with the AMD phenom they have some pretty good reviews. There is some type of "glitch" or something with em though. But still they have some good reviews so I would go for that.

Firefighter brother! Welcome! I'm in St. Louis. What about you.

I just built a great machine for another firefighter.
It was a AMD Athlon X2 6400+ in a ASUS M2A MVP motherboard. Ran Great and fast. It also has X-fire capabilities.
It had a motherboard failure about 1 week after the build but NeweggRMA the MB and got it up with no probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back