TechSpot

Greetings from Rowan in East Timor Kingdom of the Viruses

By rowan
Mar 21, 2006
  1. Howdo folks,

My name's Rowan and i am a little late in introducing myself considering i barged in in a state of panic a few days ago :)

I came across the forum after a week long battle wth a network infested with Brontok.C ...and i mean infested!!!!....the battle continues but i/we have the upper hand.

i have been in East Timor for 5 years as a unfunded volunteer fixing old computers and teaching maintenance and repair basics to timorese groups and ngo's...on the side i work for foreigners and businesses keeping their system clean and operating so i can eat.

Due to the newness of computers and computer systems to the average East Timorese the biggest battle here is virus control and currently Brontok is running rampant.

Believe it or not i was a dishwasher and pizza cook before i came over here and dabbled a bit with computers helping run a server and website and mucking a little with Linux ( but not much - still very much a newbie there ).

Over here i am seen as a highly skilled technician ( which really makes me laugh ) but given that most peoples answer to anything here is 'format and reinstall' i guess i am a little different.

Anyway, i truly appreciate the forums existance and look forward to further contact...which i assure you, given what is happening here, you will get from my end. :)

In regards to the initial problem i got on board with...i still have it and will post a more calm and cohernet message to the approprate thread in the next couple of days.

Also, many thanks to you ???, for your swift reply

Regards and cyber=solidarity

Rowan

2. howard_hopkinso

howard_hopkinso TS Rookie Posts: 24,177   +19

Hello rowan and welcome to Techspot.

Regards Howard :)

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.