Greetings, TechSpot

By thebaronjocelin
Jun 24, 2007
  1. Hello, TechSpot community.

My name is Wade, and I've been a member of the TechSpot nucleus for some time, although under a different moniker.

I've modified two stock systems (an HP by throwing in an AGP Nvidia Geforce 5200, overlcoked; an Emachines by throwing in an X1900GT [a spectacular value on Newegg, I bought two]) and built one custom, specs are in signature.

I'm something of an overclocker. Using an Athlon 64 3800+ on Socket 939, I threw the front side bus speed from 200 up to 217MHz, acheiving an operating frequency of 2.718 GHz, as opposed to stock 2.41GHz.

I play Battlefield 2 [w/ SF Xpack] , Call of Duty 2, Splinter Cell [PT and CT], Quake 4, Medieval 2:TW, CSS, and some other single-player games. My handle is always baronjocelin or Kt3mplar (alt. Ktemplar or K-templar).

I've been in eight clans for COD2, and 3 for BF2.

I'm not as proficient as a technician, but I consider myself pretty well-versed in computer lore.

Looking forward to chatting on the forums.
    Live long and prosper,
    Wade Redfearn​
  2. Ididmyc600

Ididmyc600 TechSpot Chancellor Posts: 1,415

3. thebaronjocelin

thebaronjocelin TS Enthusiast Topic Starter Posts: 158

Thanks for the tips, C600.

I remember the first time I made my account I was an information leech: I asked, and asked again, but never gave the gift of a solution.

My goal this time is to be productive, and help out, instead of just suckering information and time.
  4. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

Hey Baron! nice to meet you! :D
  5. thebaronjocelin

Pleasure's all mine, Halo.
  6. halo71

halo71 TS Rookie Posts: 1,090

So you play paintball ehh?
  7. kitty500cat

kitty500cat TS Evangelist Posts: 2,154   +6

Howdy Wade, welcome to TechSpot! Nice to meet you.
  8. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 274

Just moved from Raeford NC. Good to see a "country boy" on here lol Welcome.
  9. thebaronjocelin

And to you, as well, monsieur.

I do. I use a Spyder Pilot with a twenty inch barrel and a buttplate on my 20oz CO2 canister, and play roughly five times a month.

Originally from Ontario, Canada, but I've lived in NC for 11 years so I consider myself properly countrified.
    It is good to see a southern gamer from time to time, don't find a lot of them (except for console).
    I did see a guy from White Oak that was running two 8800's post here, though.
  10. GameJunkie72792

GameJunkie72792 TS Maniac Posts: 274

I was born in Fayetteville and lived in Raeford for 14 years. Then we moved to the city, it kills me lol. Yea you're contrified, i would consider you anyway. All my friends in Raeford are console gamers, they always critisize my pc, but I can upgrade for a hell of alot cheaper then they can lol.
Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.