GTA 5 Review: Unparalleled Attention to Detail

Julio Franco

Staff member
Read the full article at:
[newwindow=https://www.techspot.com/review/714-grand-theft-auto-5/]https://www.techspot.com/review/714-grand-theft-auto-5/[/newwindow]

Please leave your feedback here.

Sheesh why does all the videos autoplay? I thought my Internet was slow until I noticed all the videos playing.

Hopefully I will be playing this today. It does look amazing. It has obviously had the time and attention put in.
However I hope its apparently huge scale doesnt mean like in San An I am driving for like 10 minutes to get somewhere. The whole country area up to the part with The Truth and his missions was just boring with nothing to do.

Not a mention of PC.......... not a mention to multiplayer........ WTH ?

Not a mention of PC.......... not a mention to multiplayer........ WTH ?
Some of it may be used as a playground in the October-scheduled Grand Theft Auto Online, which, for starters, will use GTA V's map (and is free for anyone who buys GTA V).

I might pick this up for PS3 at some point (time to trade in The Last Of Us) rather than wait for what might just be a mediocre PC port.

This game...Man it really sets some high standards, I have to always tip my hat to Rockstar, they always release a well polished and just gorgeous game to the public.

I don't think I have ever been disappointed with a game made by Rockstar, especially the GTA series.

If there porting it to the next gens(which would only make sense) then PC is a go, since there the same hardware and all, with how popular GTA IV was on PC (even with it being a poor port) they would be absolute *****s not to port it at some point. If they don't port it well then they lost at least one customer ,since I will not run to a store to buy a $250 8 year old console just to play one game.

The driving part is horrible....very disappointed...
Why because its more realistic and not like driving with butter for tires? I can handle the cars very well and drive like a maniac just like in all the previous GTA's and have a lot of fun doing it. The new driving system and damage system for cars is set to make it all much more realistic than in previous games which is a huge accomplishment in my opinion as it feels still like GTA, but like a real car at the same time.

I am enjoying it very much. I have put in at least 8 hours now and have only passed two missions. I foresee at least 500 hours worth of online fun after I finish SP, just like I did with GTA IV. Hopefully though, I will get to spend the majority of those hours on a PC version.

This is the last game my PS3 will ever play, I see no reason to take the disc out to play anything else, but this only goes for my PS3. So far I've put in about 25 hours since Wednesday, and it's been good and bad. I'll start with the bad because there's not much. The Radio, it's just annoying, the music is just awful. In previous GTA releases I could always find one or two stations that played alright music, this has changed, I have to drive around Radio OFF or it starts to give me headaches. The game needs a way of listening to what you want to listen to, how this isn't in the game already puzzles me. Traffic, now this isn't always a problem, could be a glitch, but the AI motorist don't seem to see trailers, and as soon as you touch their cars they decide the shortest way to get away is by driving through your car. Shooting will never feel right without a mouse to me so this is probably not an issue for most. And lastly, Tonya, ***** just annoys the heck out of me all the time, had to play her missions on mute to starve off the temptation to rage quit. Other than that the game is great, the physics are spot on for the type of game, driving feels good and the feeling of speed as you wizz by traffic and dodge polls is the best I've seen yet (In GTA, actually I find in better than some of the latest NFS games) Excellent voice acting, transitioning from gameplay to cutscene is seamless, awesome variety of missions. As if I need to say this, but everyone who enjoys video games will enjoy this, it's just that much fun.

This is the last game my PS3 will ever play, I see no reason to take the disc out to play anything else, but this only goes for my PS3. So far I've put in about 25 hours since Wednesday, and it's been good and bad. I'll start with the bad because there's not much. The Radio, it's just annoying, the music is just awful. In previous GTA releases I could always find one or two stations that played alright music, this has changed, I have to drive around Radio OFF or it starts to give me headaches. The game needs a way of listening to what you want to listen to, how this isn't in the game already puzzles me. Traffic, now this isn't always a problem, could be a glitch, but the AI motorist don't seem to see trailers, and as soon as you touch their cars they decide the shortest way to get away is by driving through your car. Shooting will never feel right without a mouse to me so this is probably not an issue for most. And lastly, Tonya, ***** just annoys the heck out of me all the time, had to play her missions on mute to starve off the temptation to rage quit. Other than that the game is great, the physics are spot on for the type of game, driving feels good and the feeling of speed as you wizz by traffic and dodge polls is the best I've seen yet (In GTA, actually I find in better than some of the latest NFS games) Excellent voice acting, transitioning from gameplay to cutscene is seamless, awesome variety of missions. As if I need to say this, but everyone who enjoys video games will enjoy this, it's just that much fun.
I agree with you adhmuz, the radio stations felt a lot more limited to me than in previous iterations. I liked Radio Los Santos, but then again I enjoy listening to rap. The rock station was mediocre, the country station was also mediocre, the rest were not my style so they were just ok I guess, and last but not least (in fact the most disappointing part, WHERES MY LAZLO STATION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I love the missions where you interact with him in the campaign, however, I wanted a station like Integrity 2.0 from GTA IV or Chatterbox from GTA 3, I know hes on one station shortly, but its not enough. If someone knows exactly what stations hes on, please let me know!

This was the first GTA game in the franchise I've played. One of the funnier moments that happened to me is when I took a Golf Cart and tried to jump the gap in a bridge at the golf course. I failed to line it up perfectly and crashed into the lake. Will I drown? Will the cart keep going under water? No to both questions. I sat at the bottom of the lake like a fish on a leash. Eventually I dismounted the vehicle and swam to the surface, and took the long walk back to the golf course parking lot filled with SUV's and drove around until I saw a fire truck parked outside the fire station. Should I take that and have fun? Of course I should, and I did!

Back