TechSpot

GTA San Andreas Laptop Glitch??

By Chimworth
Feb 12, 2007
  1. Hi,

I have recently installed GTA San Andreas on my laptop for fun on the go when I don't have a connection to play WoW with.
    GTA works fine on my desktop but on my laptop I can't control the view at all. I should be able to left click and mouse around any direction but instead it just looks dead ahead in the default direction even if I am running another way! I have searched their sites and could find nothing related to this. My laptop is XP Pro SP2, 3.4 PIV, 1gb ram, stripped 7200rpm 60gb drives, Nvidia Go w/ 512mb, and an optical wireless mouse(have tried 3 different mice/configurations for above issue) Any help will be greatly appreciated :approve:

2. Chimworth

Chimworth TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

bump

I must be unique

3. TimeParadoX

TimeParadoX TS Rookie Posts: 2,438

I dont think GTA supports Laptop cards ( or even nVidia GO series )

try doing this:

Go to www.systemrequirementslab.com and run the test for GTA: SA

If you get recommended then go to nVidia and download the current nvidia display drivers that are supported by your card

If failed then I guess your card isnt supported by GTA:SA

4. Chimworth

Chimworth TS Rookie Topic Starter Posts: 32

Thank you for the suggestion, I will try it this weekend!! And I will of course update with results!

Topic Status:
Not open for further replies.

Add New Comment

TechSpot Members
Login or sign up for free,
it takes about 30 seconds.
You may also...

Get complete access to the TechSpot community. Join thousands of technology enthusiasts that contribute and share knowledge in our forum. Get a private inbox, upload your own photo gallery and more.