GTA San Andreas wont start

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,
I downloaded GTA:SA on steam today and when I try to open it in steam, the cursor comes up with the hour glass for a few seconds then disappears. "gta-sa" does come up in the processes menu in the task manager but gta:sa isnt showing up anywhere as running.
I've tried clicking the "verify integrity of game cache" and re-installing, makes no difference. Got a decent spec of pc, 2gb ram, geforce 7300gt (fully updated drivers) and an intel core 2 duo e6600 2x2.40ghz.

Any ideas ppl?

well how big is the file you downloaded because i think the game is suppose to be about 4gb so if it was smaller by a large amount than it mite not be the whole or real thing. but if you already thought of that or if its stupid advise please don't get mad at me I'm basically an ***** compared to basically everyone els on this forum.

The first place you should look for help is the Steam forums to see if there aren't other people with the same problem. You've bought them over Steam so you're entitled to technical support.

Meh, after working on it this long i'm just gonna get my money back. Their forums were useless. I've found more info on here than on steams.

no i downloaded GTA: SA legally and the problem is you need a patch unless you bought the game from Best Buy and other major chains. I experienced that problem but you have to download a patch that fixes it. Just fyi it is the shortcut that screws everything up. I am not sure if this patch can be downloaded anywhere but i just searched on google.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back