TechSpot

GTA V's massive map puts previous franchise offerings to shame

By Shawn Knight
Sep 11, 2013
Post New Reply
  1. The fifth major installment in the Grand Theft Auto franchise is launching in less than a week and if you need something to hold you over until then, we understand. The game is said to have a map bigger than...

Read more

2. Ranger12

Ranger12 TS Guru Posts: 620   +118

Looks awesome. Here's to hoping a PC version is well done and comes soon.

3. The GTA San Andreas map doesnt seem to be put in the same scale as GTA V map, look at the size of blocks

St1ckM4n and Arris like this.
  4. Skidmarksdeluxe

Skidmarksdeluxe TS Evangelist Posts: 6,498   +2,051

Yeah and not some sub par crappy console port as was the case with GTA IV.

5. Arris

Arris TS Evangelist Posts: 4,608   +289

My thoughts exactly.

6. David Amine

David Amine TS Rookie

Yeah but if you play it on console you will find out that PC is a lot better!!

7. fimbles

fimbles TS Evangelist Posts: 1,160   +198

Can anyone confirm it is coming to pc?

I heard there has been no official response to a petition started by players. But also that rockstar were hiring for a project that sounded like a pc port.

8. GTA should just use Google maps.

9. Chazz

Chazz TS Evangelist Posts: 671   +73

10. IAMTHESTIG

IAMTHESTIG TS Evangelist Posts: 956   +273

I think there are many of us hoping for a solid PC port....

11. Jad Chaar

Jad Chaar TS Evangelist Posts: 6,477   +965

Too bad the PC version will just be a port :(.

12. Valkyrie743

Valkyrie743 TS Rookie

13. mccartercar

mccartercar TS Booster Posts: 134   +25

Shitty port? Really? Consider this, both the PS4 and the XO use x86 processors. Guess what else uses X86?
    Before gtaIV was ported from a ppc( or was it cell?) architecture to x86 and that's why it was so god awful. Hopefully with the new consoles being both X86 the PC will have drop in templates just for game assets and ports will take weeks instead of months and will be 10x better than before.
    All of this is of course based on the assumption that R* will release a PS4/XO/PC version around the same time. Say Christmas or maybe even Thanksgiving!

14. mccartercar

mccartercar TS Booster Posts: 134   +25

Also I see a ninja turtle.

15. H3llion

H3llion TechSpot Paladin Posts: 1,257   +222

I hope you're right, would love to see PC version before Christmas ^^

16. Darth Shiv

Darth Shiv TS Evangelist Posts: 1,622   +376

Size of the blocks doesn't determine scale on it's own... you need to know the length of the blocks as well...

17. St1ckM4n

St1ckM4n TS Evangelist Posts: 2,920   +627

And look at the GTAV airport in the top-left. That would make the runway the same length as the two cities in S.A. I don't think so....

Oh man, JC2, excellent game. :D That map was huge, but I remember when GTAV was just a speck on the horizon, all the talks of "it'll be bigger than JC2, Red Dead combined" ...

18. teddy bear

teddy bear TS Rookie

I have to upgrade my computer to play GTA V.

19. jeffz6

jeffz6 TS Rookie Posts: 79

I agree with Arris, looks at the airport between the two, certinly missled with scale

20. BigMack70

BigMack70 TS Rookie

I'll just be glad once this game is released and people can stop talking about it. Don't understand why people get obsessed over this franchise. I've never found a GTA game enjoyable or interesting.

21. XENRIX

XENRIX TS Rookie

You never know, the PC port may be just as good ad the console games! And it may lag less because the console CPUs aren't even touching 2Ghz :p

22. GTA is funner then all the games u play. you sir are are not enjoyable or interesting and noone cares what u think or say cause ur just a speck on the wall of people we dnt care to conversate with or care even exist....