GTAIII and the sound issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honourableprawn

Hey Guys,

I've noticed the other post on the forum regarding the graphical issues in GTAIII, but is anyone having problems with the sound not staying in sync and the game freeezing for long periods? (20 seconds).
the game is great, but it's really infuriating when the game hangs for that long, and then the sound on the cut scenes remain out of sync.
Any ideas? suggestions? System Specs below!!!!!!

Athlon 1.4 Gb
512 Mb
GF3, (Elsa Gladiac 920)
Video Logic Sonic Fury, (Turtle Beach Santa Cruz in the US)
80 Gb IBM VAncouever HDD (7200RPM)
40 Gb IBM Vancouever HDD (7200RPM)
Windows XP Pro
Already patched to sort graphical glitches on an Nvidia card.

Cheers Guys n Gals,

The Prawn :grinthumb

The first thing I would suggest (if you haven't done so alread) is to update your video and audio drivers to the newest versions. You may even want to try leaked drivers if problems persist.

Most console --> PC games run like crap and have loads of problems. I haven't played GTA3 (although I really want to), but if it is anything like the other Playstation 1/2 ports....

Check out the other GTA thread and see some of the link for seagrave.com. There is a mini tweak guide there that has a "before you install preparation guide". It is pretty good. I have the game working perfectly.

There was something about running dxdiag on the game maker's website to potentially correct audio problems. This was for people using motherboards with built-in sound but it can't hurt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back