GTX 570 Upgrade

Generaltuber

So, I want to upgrade from my GTX 570. It was a great card for a while but then I started to experience the infamous issue where it loses connection to your display and then "recovers." I've been trying to fix this issue for way too long and I'm tired of their useless support.

I'm looking to upgrade to a Radeon card. I want this card to be able to run any game I want on the highest quality. I'd like this card to stay up to date for at least a year.

Thanks,

-Luke

Luke, Are u in a hurry to buy this new graphics card just to let all the cards in the table the new radeon cards will be Reveled on the 25th of September apperantly there skipping the 8000 series which are going to be the oem version of the 9000 cards should be released somewere in october I expect every card from the 9770 to have a free title which will probably be battlefield 4

but anyways u did say u wanted to look for an upgrade for the highest quality which could last you for a year but u havent supplied us with the current resolution and your system specs if u would kindly do that we could work on that and the budget for the new card

Luke, Are u in a hurry to buy this new graphics card just to let all the cards in the table the new radeon cards will be Reveled on the 25th of September apperantly there skipping the 8000 series which are going to be the oem version of the 9000 cards should be released somewere in october I expect every card from the 9770 to have a free title which will probably be battlefield 4

but anyways u did say u wanted to look for an upgrade for the highest quality which could last you for a year but u havent supplied us with the current resolution and your system specs if u would kindly do that we could work on that and the budget for the new card

Hey, thanks for the response! Sorry if I left out details there, I've been so damn stressed out trying to figure this all out. They've been well aware of the bug for months and still haven't fixed it, just makes me mad. I

System Specs
cpu-AMD A6-3670 APU
gpu-gtx 570 (of course)
motherboard-ASRock MB-A75PR4M Socket FM1/ AMD A75 FCH/ AMD Quad CrossFireX/ SATA3&USB3.0/ A&GbE/ Micro ATX Motherboard
Psu-GS 700 watt
Anymore questions?

Yea, at that point, you might wanna grab an A10 CPU to replace it if you want to keep the motherboard and just stick with the 570 till you can upgrade that, im sure you will see a nice performance increase just by doing that alone. A 570 is still a decent card by todays standards so I think the CPU maybe your primary problem in why your struggling.

Edit: I forgot that CPU is FM1, yea like JC and Clifford said, you will want a new motherboard and CPU first before replacing the GTX 570, if you want to go AMD for the route again, grabbing an A10-6800k is not too pricy with a decent motherboard ~250 and you will see significant gains in performance!

Yea, at that point, you might wanna grab an A10 CPU to replace it if you want to keep the motherboard and just stick with the 570 till you can upgrade that, im sure you will see a nice performance increase just by doing that alone. A 570 is still a decent card by todays standards so I think the CPU maybe your primary problem in why your struggling.

Edit: I forgot that CPU is FM1, yea like JC and Clifford said, you will want a new motherboard and CPU first before replacing the GTX 570, if you want to go AMD for the route again, grabbing an A10-6800k is not too pricy with a decent motherboard ~250 and you will see significant gains in performance!

its a good idea still dont forget hes trying to upgrade because his graphics card is probably faulty but u are right any upgrades from onwards of gtx 570 wll get bottlenecked unless its a midrange low card

its a good idea still dont forget hes trying to upgrade because his graphics card is probably faulty but u are right any upgrades from onwards of gtx 570 wll get bottlenecked unless its a midrange low card
Your right, my fault, I forgot he was having an issue with the GTX 570 when I was writing about the card :p
Anyway, at that point, if you want a new Radeon Card, my recommendation would be a 7970 non ghz edition because you can overclock it very easily A, B it is a great card and at the price point since you purchased a GTX 570 before, I believe the price for those cards was roughly 300 before unless you got it a bit cheaper.

If you have a budget, please let us know because we can give you a better selection at that point. Without a budget, we cant really guess except assume based off what you have had before.

Ok... I'm going to snag a new processor once I get the money and see what happens from there.

I was a little scared to hear how bad my CPU actually was.... I'm leaning towards an Intel I5 4670k.

Sounds good. You can go for Ivy Bridge if you want to save money to put towards a GPU.

I think I'm gonna get something that can hold me over till March.
Come March I'll be building a brand new system, 1.5k price cap so I don't want anything too good right now... wanna wait.

I think I'm gonna get something that can hold me over till March.
Come March I'll be building a brand new system, 1.5k price cap so I don't want anything too good right now... wanna wait.

Dont buy a i5 then. Just keep the CPU you have and wait till you buy the new rig. There is no point of paying $300-$400 for an upgrade if you are just gonna build a new system short after.

Dont buy a i5 then. Just keep the CPU you have and wait till you buy the new rig. There is no point of paying $300-$400 for an upgrade if you are just gonna build a new system short after.

totally agree anyways even if u buy an i5 it will hold ur rig for another 2-3 years not until march.. that would mean ur throwing money out of the window and missing new stuff

Back