GTX 650

vhalz

Hi, my rig is gtx650+q8400(I know its old)+4gb ddr2...
is that ok for todays game at 1366x768 resolution, will I'll be able to play at high/max settings
e.g metro 2032, max payne 3..etc

Thank you..

Sorry to say it like this, but even at that resolution, I don't think you can run on max settings. The Q8400 will bottleneck that 650 and even then a 650 is not that high on the charts. My friend owns a system right now with a Core 2 Quad Extreme (I don't remember model number off the top of my head, buts its clocked at 3ghz) and it contains a 560ti 448 core. Hes playing at that resolution and he cant even play a game like league on ultra without dropping FPS.

Your best bet is a new processor and motherboard if your wanting to game, your GPU should be enough for high at that resolution, but the CPU is going to hold games like Metro 2033 far back.

Sorry to say it like this, but even at that resolution, I don't think you can run on max settings. The Q8400 will bottleneck that 650 and even then a 650 is not that high on the charts. My friend owns a system right now with a Core 2 Quad Extreme (I don't remember model number off the top of my head, buts its clocked at 3ghz) and it contains a 560ti 448 core. Hes playing at that resolution and he cant even play a game like league on ultra without dropping FPS.

Your best bet is a new processor and motherboard if your wanting to game, your GPU should be enough for high at that resolution, but the CPU is going to hold games like Metro 2033 far back.

I think he is fine if he adds 4 more gigs of RAM. The 650 doesnt require that much horsepower. Extra RAM + Q8400 + GTX 650 + clean install of Windows = a eh gaming experience. Spending $20-$40 on more RAM is better than spending a ton on a new CPU.

I think he is fine if he adds 4 more gigs of RAM. The 650 doesnt require that much horsepower. Extra RAM + Q8400 + GTX 650 + clean install of Windows = a eh gaming experience. Spending $20-$40 on more RAM is better than spending a ton on a new CPU.
Well even then, based on what hes wanting, I dont think its still going to be enough in my personal opinion. He could do that, but I dont think it will satisfy him to the points hes saying since metro is a very powerful game.

Well even then, based on what hes wanting, I dont think its still going to be enough in my personal opinion. He could do that, but I dont think it will satisfy him to the points hes saying since metro is a very powerful game.

Well yeah, he probably won't be able to play at max settings. Maybe medium-high. Metro 2033 is a pretty CPU intensive game.

Should be fine playing most things on High & 2-4x AA at that resolution. Just turn down details as required if you start to lag.

Ghost rider, I have a q6600, 4GB of dddr 2 memory, windows 7 64bit and a 550ti 1gb and I can max out games easily at 1366x768, or 1600x900 and sometimes depending on the game at 1920x1080. So with his card, yea OP you can at 1366x768 and 1600x900. 1920 is only for certain games, like bioshock 1 and 2 which I have notice.

Even though I do suggest you upgrade that cpu one day to a i5, which I plan to do.

Back