Guess showcases upcoming Android Wear 2.0 smartwatch

Shawn Knight

Staff member

Modern smartwatches hit the scene a few years back with a heavy emphasis on technology – both in terms of aesthetics and functionality.

The market was less than receptive to this approach, however, which forced some electronics makers to rethink their strategy and others to exit the game entirely. This left a void in the market which some traditional watchmakers have been more than happy to slide into.

One perfect example is Guess who recently unveiled a brand new smartwatch based on Google’s Android Wear 2.0 operating system for wearables.

The Guess Connect is powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon Wear 2100 processor (is it still a Snapdragon?) although outside of this, we don’t know much about the hardware under the hood. Guess mentioned fitness apps in its press release as well as smart reply, handwriting recognition, swipe, speak, text and more via touch technology.

Qualcomm first announced the Snapdragon Wear 2100 more than a year ago as a replacement for its Snapdragon 400 SoC that powered the majority of smartwatches at the time. Built on a 28nm manufacturing process, the quad-core chip runs at up to 1.2GHz and features Adreno 304 graphics.

It’ll be available in a 41mm casing for women or a 44mm casing for men in more than 100 combinations of display face, color and sub dials. Interchangeable straps will allow for further customization.

Pricing wasn’t mentioned although Guess said we can expect to see the new collection in stores in the fall / winter 2017 timeframe (no pun intended).

Permalink to story.

Finally a smart watch that doesn't make you look like a nerd. This will actually sell, people haven't needed watches since we have had cell phones, over a decade. Yet they still wear them for style... It only took few hundred million dollars for smart phone mnfers to figure it out.

Guess makes watches? I never knew that. I thought they made breast augmentation stuff because I often see chicks wearing T-shirts with "Guess" printed on them.

Back