Guest Account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jordzen

Hiya!

The Help and Support of Windows XP Pro (SP1) says that the Guest account can be used to allow people to log in and check their email etc.... but when I log in as Guest all the Dial-up Accounts are rendered unaccessible. I would prefer not to create a User account so can anyone tell me if the Guest account can actually be used as its supposed to be (ie: in the way Help says it can be used?)

Using Win Xp Pro (SP1)
Thanks,
J

You have to grant Guest permissions to do things. By default that accound can't do much anything.

I assumed the deafult for Guest would be to be able to access the internet because in the description that the WinXp Help and Support Centre it clearly states that that is what the guest account is for,

quote: "The guest account is intended for use by someone who has no user account on the computer. There is no password for the guest account, so the user can log on quickly to check e-mail or browse the Internet."

so assuming the default does not actually allow intener access, can someone please explain how I can grant the guest account rights to do so?

I've searched all over the Windows Help Utility and read the tutorials and it says nothing about how to do this!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back