Guild Wars Crash

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Intel 82845G/GL/GE/PE/GV Graphics controller and everytime I try to play Guild Wars the game will freeze and my PC will automatically restart. I have all the latest driver and graphics accelerator. The microsoft online crash report show that i have the following porblems:

Error: "Your system has recovered from a serious error. Display driver for the device was unable to complete a drawing operation. Display driver for the [graphics device] seems to be responsible for the instability. Check the manufacturer for a device driver update."

Error: "The driver for the display device got stuck in an infinite loop."

Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang"

Error: "0x8E - Access Violation"

Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue"

Can anybody help me with this problem?
Thanks.

I program games in Direct X and some of these have interesting similarities.

Try this: go to start->run and type dxdiag. Once there, there should be a "DirectX Files" tab, click on that to see if there is any conflictions. If all is gravy you should get a message at the bottom saying no problems found.

Also, under the "Display" tab, try a test on your D3D, make sure it's all running as intended.

As a side note, make sure you're using DirectX 9.0c when you run these tests, as Guildwars makes heavy use of pixel shaders. A commodity not often found in On Board video. In this respect, the errors might be a not so polite way of saying your graphics card does not meet the requirements to play.

Have you ever been able to run Guildwars before on this machine? It's a very graphically intensive game, and requires some capable hardware.

Other things of Note:
Error: "0xEA - Hardware Hang"

Error: "0x8E - Access Violation"

Error: "0x50 - Memory Issue"

All of these point to memory allocation trouble aswell. The way that on board video memory works is that it shares the main System RAM and swaps it's data there. If you don't have enough RAM, then the game can't load everything required to run the game in addition to textures, models, etc for the graphics. You have to keep in mind that a lot of the "minimum" specs assume that you have a videocard with it's own memory.

This is to say that you have a 64MB videocard AND 128 MB of system RAM, for example. So if you run it on onboard video, you effectively will need the sum of both, around 196MB of RAM in order to run the game. If this is your problem, try and disable everything runing in the background that you don't need to play the game. Applications like AIM and the like eat up precious RAM you may be needing to run the game.

I'd be interested to hear some other people's ideas on this aswell, but it seems to me that the latter of these my speculations is closer to the problem.

Hope some of this helps my friend.

Yeah I had the same with Call Of Duty 4 , it probably means no good system specs, or your videocard, try to run it with low settings, otherwise buy new videocard, or more RAM
Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back